“Good little stop”
Review of Bibi's - CLOSED

Bibi's
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Never having been in Monroe it was a bit of a challenge to find a good restaurant. Bibi's jumped off the google map and we decided to take a look at the menu. By then we were all starving and it seemed to have a little of everything for everybody. I had the watermelon & tomato salad which was generous and lovely, my husband had the fish sandwich, and our friends had the tuna and Kenji sandwiches. Everybody was happy with their choices and the wait staff was helpful and pleasant.
There was a lot of action to watch outside and I need to warn you that the traffic police are not kind in Monroe, which only makes it hard for the local businesses. Be sure when you park that your tires are -completely- inside the white lines, seriously; ours were overlapping by an inch and we received a ticket for double parking! We were able to go to the police station down the road & get out of that nonsense. They need to find better things to do with their time. Not what you want to find after a nice lunch out with old friends.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Bib's has delicious food, well prepared and nicely served. I enjoy the unique items on the menu which are all delicous.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Peanut chicken dish keeps us coming back. Some things are a miss though like the cajun chicken which isn't spicy??? They have delicious apps and the salads are great too.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This restaurant struck me as a little strange. Decor is not typical, for sure. The table cloths are black and the art on the walls was just plain weird in my opinion. The menu again was a little different. Our server was friendly enough, but service was slow. Happytizers and Two Thousand Island dressings, for example, did make us laugh, There were several menu items with a play on words. The menu ranges from typical chef salad to truffle macaroni and cheese. My companion ordered that, by the way, but he never received it. As I said, service was slow. This is not a good restaurant choice if you have other things to do. The food we did have tasted fine with the exception of the bread. It had a rather tough crust that I could not chew. I therefore only ate the middle like a child would. That was kind of embarrassing, but hey! it was tough. Would I go back? Probably not. But I did overhear a lady at the next table said her shrimp and grits were the best in town so then again, if i had a long lazy evening and was craving shrimp and grits and just happened to be in Monroe, maybe I would.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

There have been times I have been a little concerned if I was going to like a unique entree. BiBi has never disappointed. Everything is wonderfully fresh, and always consistent.