“Peanut chicken is amazing! ”
Review of Bibi's - CLOSED

Bibi's
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Peanut chicken dish keeps us coming back. Some things are a miss though like the cajun chicken which isn't spicy??? They have delicious apps and the salads are great too.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This restaurant struck me as a little strange. Decor is not typical, for sure. The table cloths are black and the art on the walls was just plain weird in my opinion. The menu again was a little different. Our server was friendly enough, but service was slow. Happytizers and Two Thousand Island dressings, for example, did make us laugh, There were several menu items with a play on words. The menu ranges from typical chef salad to truffle macaroni and cheese. My companion ordered that, by the way, but he never received it. As I said, service was slow. This is not a good restaurant choice if you have other things to do. The food we did have tasted fine with the exception of the bread. It had a rather tough crust that I could not chew. I therefore only ate the middle like a child would. That was kind of embarrassing, but hey! it was tough. Would I go back? Probably not. But I did overhear a lady at the next table said her shrimp and grits were the best in town so then again, if i had a long lazy evening and was craving shrimp and grits and just happened to be in Monroe, maybe I would.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

There have been times I have been a little concerned if I was going to like a unique entree. BiBi has never disappointed. Everything is wonderfully fresh, and always consistent.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were in Monroe to visit Treehouse Vineyards. Looking for a nearby place for lunch, Bibi's was recommended. I had the reuben sandwich - well prepared with lean corned beef. And the side of fresh cut fries were among the best I ever had. My wife had the warm roasted root vegetable salad and said it was delicious. Service was fast and friendly. A great find in Monroe.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have eaten here numerous times. Our last two visits were so so. For Monroe and for this little town, it is pretty good. There aren't a lot of choices in Monroe and we like supporting small businesses. Previously I had a pasta dish. Pasta was overcooked. Last night I had shrimp and grits. Ordered cornbread as a side, as they do a good job with that and since it is slightly sweet thought it would make a great accompaniment to shrimp and grits. Grits were not creamy, just there, no flavor and bland. Shrimp were just okay, overcooked. Sauce, no flavor. The scallions that should have been added as garnish were cooked right in, so no flavor, again nothing to tempt the taste buds. Husband had salmon with mango salsa. He commented it was "okay", but overcooked.

I have also had the crab cakes in the past. Found them to be mostly filler and made with claw meat, so we stay away from that.

Service and atmosphere just fine. It was a beautiful evening and great for patio dining. There's not a lot of privacy inside, so outside, weather permitting is a better choice.

They have recently added full bar service and do have a variety of ales.

Maybe I could rate this restaurant a little better, except for the price point. The price is okay, it's just not comparable to the food.

With some improvement, this will be a great little restaurant and we hope it's around for a long, long time.