“Hidden "Urban" Oasis”

Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Monroe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hidden "Urban" Oasis”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I took my mom here for Mother's Day and we both had a great time. Once we found the vineyard tucked away in a residential neighborhood, we started with a refreshing wine-o-rita, then learned a plethora of information during the wine tasting and tour.

The staff is so friendly they really make you feel welcomed. Since it was Mother's Day, there were a lot of visitors but it didn't feel overwhelming. With so much space on the farm everyone seemed to find a little nook of their own.

The treehouses are fun and a great place to cool off in the shade on a very warm day. The live music was a great bonus.

Once you arrive you won't want to leave so plan a picnic, they only have snacks available, and of course delicious wine.

I'll definitely be back often!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jayeellis

Rock Hill, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Photos a little deceptive”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Booked an overnight stay at papa's tree house. The photos on the website are deceptive. What they show are this isolated, freshly painted treehouse with varnished, spacious deck overlooking the vineyard, open field and horses, but what you get is a weathered (ok it's a treehouse and probably should expect that) treehouse with filthy plastic table and deck chairs. There are glimpses of those things on either side, but the most prevalent view is a front row seat staring down at the rooftop of the check in store and other housing in the neighborhood with minivans and cars. Not exactly picturesque or secluded. We didn't stay the night. We turned the key back in and opted to drive the 2 hours back home to sleep in our own bed. Hated we spent the money, but happy we made the decision not to force a stay we wouldn't have enjoyed.

I will say the staff is very nice and give a good taste test and are very knowledgeable. The tour I'm sure is nice (didn't take one). That said, $125 for the overnight stay is a rip off. They get it and book out in advance and maybe I'm in the minority, but in my opinion, save the money and go to the beach or rent a cabin in the mountains and get much better surroundings. I felt compelled enough to write a review and try to save some of you disappointment and money.

Visited May 2014
6 Thank RHSC2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Went to Treehouse Vineyards on a Friday afternoon with family and friends. We bought the $6 wine tasting package, we got to try 8 different wines and it came with a souvenir wine glass. I'd say that was well worth for the price! They have a great wine selection, but I'm certainly not a wine connoisseur. I do love sweet things and I loved their selection because they have a lot of sweet wines =)
By the way, the treehouse near the entrance wasn't occupied when we visited so we had the chance to view it. It was awesome!
You can buy a bottle of wine (or more) and enjoy it there. They have a nice, relaxing scenery. It is a great hangout place on a sunny day.
We bought a wina-rita to enjoy at home. I would say that everybody in our group of 10 had a fantastic time!

1 Thank Ellesor0709
Rock Hill, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Fantastic Date”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We rented the treehouse for an hour. It was so memorable. We purchased a bottle of wine from the vineyard and brought our own picnic basket. The rocking chairs up on the treehouse porch were perfect. They had a cozy fire pit down below and the friendly crowd of people as well as a few friendly dogs joined us. I used a Groupon for added value. This makes for an interesting afternoon date.

Visited November 2013
Margate, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Worth the trip for a relaxing time”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This gem is buried in an odd area. My husband was very skeptical, but ignore the neighborhood an venture in. I promise it is worth it! Kid friendly and relaxing. Bring apples and feed the horses!

Visited October 2013