“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Ohio
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed February 21, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel for the 3rd time now in 2 years for work. The rennovations seemed finished for the most part which was nice. The room was updated. Nice marble countertop in the bathroom with a neat wooden stand under it where they folded the towels.
The only drawback was there were no towel racks to hang your wet towels.
The wireless internet worked great. Sometimes you try and log on to hotel's free wireless and you get one line which every hogs making it near impossible to connect. Not this Hampton Inn. I booted up my laptop and found 5 ot 6 connections to choose from. Worked flawlessly. The 36" flat panel TV was a nice touch. If my memory serves me right this is the first Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at with a flat panel TV.
Drawbacks -- Gym was closed due to rennovations. I really didnt care to workout but some of my fellow travel partners were bummed by the news.
Contiental Breakfast was nice. Good selection including pancakes !!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sweet Home Alabama
Reviewed April 25, 2007

My husband & I stayed here one night on a trip to vist our son who lives nearby. The room was incredibly clean and neat. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and looked "swanky"! The bathroom was very clean and I take baths not showers so a clean bath is very important to me. It was very convenient to shopping, restaurants and highways. I will stay there again!

• Liked — comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CheerfulVoice
monroe NC
Reviewed April 3, 2007

My Husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and to our surprise, They had the room decorated so beautifully. We did't want to go home because the bed slept sooooo good and everything was so nice and clean. The breakfat bar attendant was extra nice and so was the front desk clerk Mary,I almost forgot about the night shift desk clerk John he greeted us and made us feel welcome! The room was so clean I could eat off the floor! My hat's off to them for a job well done!!!!!!

Sincerly
Melissa Gatewood

• Liked — The way that they had eveything set up for us!
  • Disliked — I could'nt stay longer!!!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Monroe
Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Monroe
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E
Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte
Days Inn Monroe Near Matthews

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte / Monroe? Share your experiences!