“What Happened”

Restaurant 101
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Mocksville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina
“What Happened”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I went yo visit old friends and asked to go to 101. They were hesitant and warned us that it was not like we remembered from when it first opened.

OK.. we decided to give it a try since they said hit or miss and hoping for a hit. Well it was a miss!

First off we waited 10 minutes to get our drink order from waitress who did not seem interested. Then we waited about another 5 minutes to get those drinks.. They were not packed at this hour by the way. I am going to leave it as Service over all is terrible because I will be here all day if I don't just leave it at that.

We got the Spinach and Art dip.. umm not too appetizing. Onion Rings were pretty good though.
Main course
Shrimp and Grits- Yuk! Do not get this dish, grits were like paste and shrimp were under cooked and had a slight chill in center. I like shrimp cocktail but I do not want under cooked shrimp with a chill in my hot grits! A piece of Bacon bit nearly broke my tooth. I got a side salad which had bruised old lettuce in it. = Miss on the entire entree and salad

She got the Ribs and she enjoyed them but said Ruby Tuesdays were better but not bad and she would order them again! = Hit

Our friends got:
Grilled Salmon- she said it was edible but bland and would not order it again. so her meal was a = Miss

He had a few bad experiences so decided to just do a cheeseburger.
He said it was hard to mess up a burger but sure thing he said noyhing special and bland. He enjoyed his fries though and left a 1/4 of the burger on the plate.

Our first time there a few years ago we had some of the best food and actually I remember they had great Steaks comparable to the old Putters Steakhouse in Clemmons where we used to live. If I am not mistaken one of the people from Putters started that place so it makes sense it was good when they first opened. My friends said when that guy left so did the food quality. The service we endured on our first few trips there when we lived in Clemmons and it first opened a few years ago from what I remember was not that bad but not great. Now the service is not just Awful it is terribly awful. 1 good meal out of 4 dishes and really bad service = never to go back!

Our friends live really close and have not been in over a year so that is saying something but we decided to see if we could get a hit since it was so good when it opened and I had my heart set on going.

I can not believe the good reviews on here and have to think these are people who work there or are friends with employees or owner... I hate giving small local places a bad review but I just had to because it was that bad.

I still like the old feel and historic look

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank wctraveler21

Pinellas Park, Florida
“Good meal, atmosphere, and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ate there with three friends, and we were all happy with our meals. We had an order of hot fries to share, which were fresh and good, I had the cheese enchilada, which was very tasty and good leftover the next day, we enjoyed the atmosphere at a table in the bar, and the service was very good. Nothing gourmet here, but for a decent meal at a good price, you won't be disappointed.

Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had heard mixed reviews of this place but wanted to try it for myself. Very glad I did. I took a friend and we were greeted and seated promptly by friendly staff. Our waitress was Ashley. What a treat! She was the perfect blend of courtesy, subtle humor, and efficiency. We enjoyed sitting by the window watching a rain storm move through. Our food came quickly and we both enjoyed our entrees. He had peel and eat shrimp and I had half rack of ribs with hot chips. We were too full to try dessert, but I would like to return for that and we do plan to return to try more menu items.

• Visited July 2013
North Carolina
“We will be back.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

In the center of town in an interesting old building. I took my husband for his birthday. We were both pleased with our food and the prices. My husband had a huge Hamburger Steak and I had the Fresh Chicken Parmesan . I saw several things on the menu that I would like to try. I had made reservations but we would have been ok without them, although it was starting to fill up as we were leaving.

• Visited June 2013
Waynesville,NC
“Out of the Way but So Worth It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were traveling on I40 in North Carolina a little after noon on a Monday and looking for a place to eat. Our regular places were closed on Mondays so we ventured into the town of Mocksville. On the Main Street was a cafe/restaurant with people eating out on the covered porch area and so we decided to stop. We were served quickly and the food was soooo good. It is a relaxed place to eat and the prices are reasonable. We will be back.

• Visited June 2013