“Great Event and Wine”
Review of RayLen Vineyards

RayLen Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Mocksville
More attraction details
Owner description: Until Joe and Joyce Neely purchased the property, RayLen Vineyards & Winery functioned as a dairy farm for nearly a century. Today, the rolling hills and winding drive romance our guests as they drive through 35,000 European-varietal grape vines. The distinctive cupola roof top of RayLen Vineyards & Winery is a beacon for the southern portion of the Yadkin Valley Appellation. Travelers from the highway and wanderers from the surrounding country roads are drawn to the tasting room to discover a new experience. Loyal customers return for the lush vista and a reliable favorite of vintner Steve Shepard's award-winning wines.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

ReyLen Vineyards had an event on Saturday May 25, and as usual it was great. They have built a new pavilion to be able to host events better, very nice. The wine is some of the best made in North Carolina, we left with a case, and everyone was gracious and accommodating in the face of lots of visitors.

Karyn H, Manager at RayLen Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

How wonderful to hear that you had such a great time here at the event. We had over 600 people here during that event, so I'm so glad that felt that you had all the special attention you needed. The staff works so hard to make each event enjoyable for all our guests. Thanks for becoming a Case Club Member. We look forward to seeing you at our next event!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This winery is truly a gem! Great location, fantastic tasting, amazing staff and wonderful wines! I am a huge Viognier fan and RayLen's does not disappoint! We honestly wish we would have bought a few more bottles it is WONDERFUL!!! Their full tasting is only $10 and allows you to taste everything they currently have in stock, my husband and I shared a tasting (we were trying to pace ourselves from winery to winery) and there was more than enough of each wine for us to both have a nice taste. Our tasting host was a gentleman with glasses and he was fantastic, his wine knowledge was totally on point! This is a great stop and their wines are amazing and fantastically priced. Cant wait to visit again!

Karyn H, Manager at RayLen Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. The Viognier is a fantastic wine for us (and one of my favorites!), so I'm glad you enjoyed it and your visit here. Based on your description, you probably did a tasting with Johnny Marshall, who we call our Wine Evangelist. His wine knowledge is extensive, and he's a real gem. Don't worry about not purchasing enough! We have a fantastic eStore and can take orders over the phone as well; as long as you live in a permitting state, we'll be happy to ship to you. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Raylen now has an outdoor pavilion for their festivals; so rain or shine, there is room to sit inside and enjoy the day. The vineyard is a beautiful place to sit back and relax. We've been to several of their festivals already this year and the setup and staff have been great. There is one staff member who is always rude but we have agreed he must be family to keep him on. He's probably a very nice man but not a customer service person. The rest of the staff is very helpful and friendly. Depending on the occasion, food is available for purchase. Check with the vineyard for details if you're going to attend one of their festivals.

Karyn H, Manager at RayLen Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We are so excited to have the pavilion. I'm glad you are enjoying it. It's situated quite well on the property so that you can enjoy the view of the vineyards and stay dry and warm, too! I'm happy to hear that you are a regular festival attendant. I am unhappy to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with a staff member. Please email me directly at karyn@raylenvineyards.com so that I can make amends. I appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We attended the Oyster Festival in March and had a great time. We had visited Raylen before, but this was our first event. The pavillion is a great addition! The wine is fabulous! We will definitely be back!

Karyn H, Owner at RayLen Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you so much for attending the Oyster Roast and then posting about it. We have close to 600 guests here that day, so we were very busy! I'm so happy to hear that your experience was so positive. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited 5 vineyards and our experience at Raylen was by far our favorite and most educational. The wine there was the best and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. I was shocked to see the few bad reviews from Nov 2012 because our experience at Raylen was fantastic and the wine was by far better than the other vineyards we visited

Karyn H, Manager at RayLen Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you, Chad, for your kind words. RayLen prides itself on stellar customer service and providing the best experience possible for our guests. It distressed us considerably regarding the negative reviews, but we know what services we provide our customers and that our true business practice would shine through. What a pleasure to know that it has for you. I do hope you took advantage of becoming a Case Club Member. Regardless, I look forward to seeing you out here again soon. Thanks, again, for taking the time to post such a positive review.