“Loud but Clean”

Holiday Inn Express Mebane
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mebane
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel looks like Holiday Inn bought it, then tried to update it on a tight budget. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were a little dated and in need of a some work, especially the bathrooms and air/heat unit. Our room was clean, but some mold and cracked tiles in the bathroom and the shower head looked like it had been jammed through the wall...no collar on the pipe and loose, although it worked well. The heat and air unit was VERY LOUD and traffic from the interstate was, too.

I usually just want a clean room when traveling, but the noise kept me waking up throughout the night. Would not recommend this to anyone sensitive to noise. Otherwise, fairly nice...free breakfast was good, with cereals and scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and toast and bagels. Clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mebane, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear TNVOL13,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry for the noise challenges you encountered during your stay and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel was conveniently located near the interstate and restaurants. It was clean and the front desk people and other staff were pleasant, helpful and friendly. The breakfast was okay but nothing to write home about. It might have been better earlier but we got there right before it closed down. I won't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill A
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Would not stay again....Started with the lady checking in guests who was clearly sick judging from her coughing,congestion and medicine laying on the desk.
The room was adequate,but the carpet was frayed in one spot and had pulled loose along with an intermittently noisy AC and a few scuff marks along parts of the wall.

• Stayed: April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mebane, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear traveler10104,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the overall condition of your room. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the departments concerned to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband stopped last night on our way home from Georgia. The hotel was clean and neat. It did not smell, as in the previous comments. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The manager was even able to find my Priority Points for me as I had lost my number. The breakfast was fine, hot and what you would expect. The breakfast server was so kind to me after I dropped my plate! My only compliant has nothing to do with the hotel or the staff. I discovered the walls were a bit on the thin side as there was a couple of people next door laughing and talking until midnight. No, I did not complain since they were having a good time. If I happen to be in the area and in need of a place to stay, I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patti K
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed here many times over the years and the hotel has not changed one bit. Only thing that has changed is the price, very HIGH! The property is not that bad but compared to any other hotel they need major up grades. The rooms are old and dull looking. Breakfast and the host are wonderful, however the pancake machine is always broke witch is a minus for my kids. I think I only still stay at this hotel because the staff is so nice and friendly. Based on the hotel itself I would not recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mebane, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear aprilj47,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great hotel and friendly professional staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Mebane area, or needing a stopover while traveling along I40. It's within walking distance to Cracker Barrel and several other places to eat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I decided to take a chance on this hotel, mistake! The place needs a COMPLETE and DETAILED cleaning. Entry was dirty, lobby smelt of smoke. Front desk clerk was sitting at the desk in her coat. When I checked-in the room was listed as 2 queens, when I asked for a King this was going to make my rate go up $30, so I accepted the 2 queen. We were placed on the first floor between a very loud meeting room and a storage room on the highway side of the hotel. The room was dirty, the towels were stained, the shower rod was bent, and everything in the bath that can rust was rusted, cracked tile, pealing wallpaper. I will NOT return to this hotel. Oh and the 2 queens were two double beds. Holiday Inn please help this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room away from highway.