“Acceptable Italian Restaurant”

Pomodoro Italian Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 73 Restaurants in Mebane
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We ate pretty early on a Tuesday evening. It wasn't crowded and the service was very good and everyone was friendly. The food was good but not great. Carbonarra was to heavy on the cheese but acceptable. Others were having pizza that looked great but we didn't try there. For "real" Italian food, next time I'll drive to Durham.

There are newer reviews for Pomodoro Italian Kitchen

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I tried this dish for the first time, i paid $15 dollars they give you 2 pieces of very, very thin chicken breast AND very cheap INSTANT potatoes!!! This is a rip off!!! I will never go back

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Located in downtown Mebane, Pomodoro offers your "typical" southern italian food. My husband really likes their red pasta sauce because it is done very simply. I usually get the vodka sauce which is pretty good. Their pizza is ok and they have some really good desserts depending on the day. Service is always very good and very attentive.

I like that you can choose whatever kind of pasta you like with your choice of sauce.

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

The place is small, and the food is decent. I've tried several things on the menu- the pizza being the worst (dough was very doughy and wet, toppings didn't seem fresh and it was overpriced for sure) and the chicken parm being the best (cooked well, pasta was great, etc).

The biggest issue I have is the price for the quality. A pizza could easily run you $20, yet personally I think a $7 frozen pizza from the grocery store would be better. Chicken parm is about $14 and while good, it isn't worth $14.

Overall we probably won't be back if in the area again. I'm positive there are better Italian places.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Only go here if the people I'm going out with want to. Pizza is ok. Guess I could get a salad if nothing else. Just not on the top of my favorites.

Been to Pomodoro Italian Kitchen? Share your experiences!