“Not thrilled with Hampton Inn”
Review of Hampton Inn Mebane

Hampton Inn Mebane
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mebane
Chicago, Illinois
“Not thrilled with Hampton Inn”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night and will not return. The price was great, but it was not as clean as I would have expected. I checked in late and was tired. I sat at the desk to work for the next day and saw three bugs or gnats on the desk. I then found 2 more crawling on the ac/heat unit. I stayed on the first floor and suspect that this may have something to do with it. The bed was comfortable. The shower could use a much better scrub but was acceptable. They offered breakfast in the lobby area--it would be nice if the toaster worked.
All in all it was not enjoyable for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Onehappycamper35805
HI-Mebane, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mebane, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hello, I am Chaquana Whitlock, the General Manager at the Hampton Inn Mebane. I would like to take the time to thank you for alerting us of the issue you experienced while here at the hotel. We always like to know when and where we can improve. Have a great week.

Chaquana, and the Hampton Inn Mebane Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We are of family of 5. We require a roll away for our teenage son. We arrived late at midnight. The staff was very nice. I believe his name was Kevin.
The room was extra big so it was no problem to put roll away at end of two queen size beds.
We had room 301 that was nice and quiet. Hotel was recently dated and looks like new. Breakfast was above average.
Staff was very nice. Work out room equipment looked nice.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HI-Mebane, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mebane, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hello, I am the Chaquana Whitlock, General Manager of the Hampton Inn Mebane. We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us, and we are please that we were able to make your stay a good one. At Hampton we strive to exceed guest expectations, every time they stay with us! Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. Have a Happy Holiday Season.
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before but traveled to Mebane after the passing of a relative and reserved a room at the Hampton Inn Mebane since the rest of the relatives were staying there. The customer service was excellent from the moment I checked in early. After flying for sixteen hours, I arrive prior to the official check in time for the hotel. Not an issue for the ladies at the front desk staff. The cheerfully began looking for a room that was ready for immediate occupancy. They discovered, however, that I had somehow booked for dates six months later. Again, no problem. They immediately called Expedia to help me obtain a refund and changed the booking to the dates it should have been made for.
Once in the room, I was again pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large. I had a king bed and a pull out sofa bed. The room was equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave oven. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathrooms were large enough.
In the evenings, the lobby area was a great place for the family to hang out, visit and have some refreshments. This was also the area where breakfast was served. There was plenty of selection and even some hot items included in the price of the room. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate were available throughout the day. Wifi was free to guests. There was nothing lacking in the property or the room.

Room Tip: I had a room at the very end of the hall, away from the elevators. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HI-Mebane, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mebane, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Hello, I am Chaquana Whitlock, the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Mebane. I would like to thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Mebane for your recent stay. We are delighted to hear your kind words about our staff and hotel. We strive to make every guest know that "we love having you here". We look forward to seeing you again!

Chaquana and the Hampton Inn Mebane Staff
Greenville, SC
Reviewed September 5, 2012

If you're looking for a place to rest your head along the interstate on the way to your vacation, this is a safe bet. The hotel lobby was clean, new and the rooms were very comfortable and clean as well. Check-in went great. Safety was paramount, and I felt it was for the staff there, too. Breakfast was great in the morning. Free wi-fi was a big plus. Parking was no problem. All in all, it was the perfect overnight stop on the way to our vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HI-Mebane, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mebane, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Mebane. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you the next time your in the area.
Laurel Fork
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here one night on our way somewhere else. Late check in, but the desk clerk was friendly and welcoming. First floor room was great because we didn't have to move our luggage far. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HI-Mebane, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mebane, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Deb836,

Hell I am Chaquana Whitlock the General Manager here at the Hampton Inn Mebane. I want to thank you for taking time to write a review on us. We are happy that you had a wonderful stay with us, as I know that speedy check-in and friendly staff helps when you are checking in late at night. We hope that you come back to stay with us and look forward to seeing you soon.

Chaquana Whitlock and Hampton Inn Staff
Dalzell, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was our first stay at this Hampton Inn, Check in went smoothly; the room was clean and comfortable. The location was far enough from the road that noise was minimal. The staff was great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Felachan,

I am happy that you have written a review on us and want to thank you. I am glad you had a wonderful stay and I will let all of our staff know that they are doing a great job. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future; we look forward to seeing you soon.

Chaquana Whitlock and Hampton Inn Staff
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our AC went out so we decided to stay in Mebane and shop the next day. The rates were a little high but it was late and i was tired of driving. The breakfast in the lobby was great and friendly staff kept everything stocked and clean. My little girl left her stuffed animal in the room after checkout. She didnt realize til we were later down the road. I called the hotel and they gladly charged my credit card for shipping. Only negative was it cost me 17.00 for a tiny puppy to be sent but at least she is happy

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Jlynn,
Hello I am Chaquana Whitlock the General Manager here at the Hampton Inn Mebane and I want to thank you for writing a review on us. I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We try our best to make every guest feel at home and want all of our guest to smile no matter how big or small. I am happy your little girl got her dog and want to apologize for the shipping charge. We did mail directly from our local wrap, pack and shipping, and were not aware of the high shipping rate. We hope that you have a wonderful day and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Chaquana and Hampton Inn Mebane Staff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mebane
Holiday Inn Express Mebane
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 2 in Graham
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Drury Inn & Suites Burlington
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon)

Been to Hampton Inn Mebane? Share your experiences!