“CIAA WEEKEND!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Atlanta, Georgia
“CIAA WEEKEND!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were there for the CIAA and this hotel was great and met our expectation in all the areas. I ve been coming to this got for few years for the tournament and they have renovated the rooms and it looks great. Will be back next year!

• Stayed March 2014
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for a great review! CIAA weekend is Charlotte's biggest event of the year and we make sure that we make that weekend special with the best hotel rooms for our guests. We can see that you enjoyed our stay and we are glad to make it spacial.

CIAA is in Charlotte for next 6 more years and we hope to see you again every year with better service each and every time.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Salem, Virginia
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had an awful time at this hotel due to over flowed toilet and no maintenance on duty.
Would not stay here again and I advise you not to. Would not comp room. Beds slept well and rooms were big. Manager was rude and does not care whether you come back or not.
Going to report to Chamber of Commerce and Better Business Burean along with Health Department

3 Thank Dana O
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. As we spoke on the phone that we are not a full service hotel and we do not keep a Maintenance person on duty 24/7. You wanted a maintenance man at 1:30am, which is impossible for a mid-scale hotel. Also, we talked on the phone and I said we could of given you a suite room for an exchange, but you did not want to move, so my desk clerk gave you a plunger and clean towels.

As stated on the phone to you that we check the toilet the very next day and it worked fine and it worked fine for the person before you as well. Over flown toilet is not a medicinal issue that hotel can prevent. Over flow of the toilet depends that how much tissue and waste is in the toilet when you flush.

I appreciate your review.

Laurel Fork, Virginia
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had a great time. The staff was very helpful in everything I needed. Room was very comfortable and quite. The breakfast was on time and very good. The managers reception was an enjoyable change of pace. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hello William,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write us this review! We appreciate that our guests recognize our hard work and motivates us to do better and better each time. Thank you for complementing our managers receptions as its the best in the area.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel due to working at a nearby hospital, and stayed in the hotel to avoid driving a long distance in the snow. The rate was affordable, the room was clean. Refrigerator and microwave worked and were in good condition. The owners were very amenable, as many of the local hotels had closed, but they remained open despite the poor weather. The hotel carpeting is in need of an update, but otherwise a nice, inexpensive place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so so much for a great review! I was personally there when it snowed and I was there to make sure for those 2 days our guests feels at home and gets the same service despite the weather. We are glad to know that our hard work is being appreciated and recognized by guests like you and we look forward to the same or even better serviced in the future.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was in the Charlotte area on business. I did not book a room in advance because I was not sure what part of town I would end my day in. I searched Expedia for hotels in the area and this hotel was priced significantly lower than the others, so I booked it. We all know, getting the lowest price does not always equate to being satisfied. No worries here, because I was extremely happy with everything from the staff to the room and breakfast the next morning. I will definitely be back next time I am in Charlotte.

1 Thank Mike G
Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for leaving us a great review! We really appreciate it when are hard work and service is recognize. Thank you so much for pointing out that we are fairly price and valued as our goal is not to charge customers more then they need to be/ I guess that's why we are #1 in reviews!

We are glad to know you enjoyed your entire stay and looking forward to see you very soon.

Madison, Alabama
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel several times due to a Special Olympics event held in the area. The location is great as it offers shopping and several restaurants nearby.

The staff is always friendly and helpful with any questions or requests you might have.

Upon entering the room I noted the smell of paint which bothered me a bit but I got used to it. Apparently they had recently undergone some updating. The room was clean, beds comfortable, and Wi-Fi worked great. We used the small computer room once and was pleased to have that option, but noted we could not use the sound on the computer when my daughter wanted to watch something on You Tube. Otherwise, it was great to have the availability of the computer room.

Breakfast is your usual cereal, yogurt, coffee, juices, etc., but they also had eggs (little pancake shaped ones) and bacon. As a person who likes to eat low-carb and mostly gluten free, I liked having protein available. There are a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel which is a nice option if you are tired of traveling.

Overall it is a nice place to stay on a budget. We've always felt welcomed at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Claudia R
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hey Claudia,

Thank you very much for leaving us a review! We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we are always happy to host the Special Olympics. We make sure that all our guest feels at home. I can see from your review that overall you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again very soon in the near future.

Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The weather started getting bad so my company put me up in a hotel due to my long commute to work. Upon check in, Nancy was super fabulous and a true gem to work with. She made check in a breeze and very simple. She braved the storm and even told me that she was brought in from another location in the area. You would have never known that she wasn't an original staff member of that hotel. She was very friendly quick and totally efficient. Upon arriving to my room, it was up to my expectations, seemed recently updated, and very clean. I did notice that they kept the heat off in the room and I applaud them for saving energy, however I half expected to walk into a warm room with the light on and not have to search for the lamp switches. My company decided to change cards during my stay and the staff made the change with so much ease...I didn't have to worry about a thing. I truly enjoyed my stay other than getting stuck in the parking lot because of the ice and snow of 2014. Thanks a lot to Nancy again for making me feel so welcome, she is a true asset to your company.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Hunter-Lynn
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time out and leaving us such a detail review! We are thrilled to know that our guest appreciate our hard work and recognize it. Nancy has been with me for around 15 years and she is really an asset to our company. I will let her know that she was appreciate for all the help to you.

We are glad to know you enjoyed your room as we have recently renovated the entire rooms of our hotel. We are happy to here that we made you stay enjoyable and we look for3watf to see again very soon!

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte? Share your experiences!