“Snowed in”

Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel due to working at a nearby hospital, and stayed in the hotel to avoid driving a long distance in the snow. The rate was affordable, the room was clean. Refrigerator and microwave worked and were in good condition. The owners were very amenable, as many of the local hotels had closed, but they remained open despite the poor weather. The hotel carpeting is in need of an update, but otherwise a nice, inexpensive place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so so much for a great review! I was personally there when it snowed and I was there to make sure for those 2 days our guests feels at home and gets the same service despite the weather. We are glad to know that our hard work is being appreciated and recognized by guests like you and we look forward to the same or even better serviced in the future.

We hope to see you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was in the Charlotte area on business. I did not book a room in advance because I was not sure what part of town I would end my day in. I searched Expedia for hotels in the area and this hotel was priced significantly lower than the others, so I booked it. We all know, getting the lowest price does not always equate to being satisfied. No worries here, because I was extremely happy with everything from the staff to the room and breakfast the next morning. I will definitely be back next time I am in Charlotte.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike G

Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for leaving us a great review! We really appreciate it when are hard work and service is recognize. Thank you so much for pointing out that we are fairly price and valued as our goal is not to charge customers more then they need to be/ I guess that's why we are #1 in reviews!

We are glad to know you enjoyed your entire stay and looking forward to see you very soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel several times due to a Special Olympics event held in the area. The location is great as it offers shopping and several restaurants nearby.

The staff is always friendly and helpful with any questions or requests you might have.

Upon entering the room I noted the smell of paint which bothered me a bit but I got used to it. Apparently they had recently undergone some updating. The room was clean, beds comfortable, and Wi-Fi worked great. We used the small computer room once and was pleased to have that option, but noted we could not use the sound on the computer when my daughter wanted to watch something on You Tube. Otherwise, it was great to have the availability of the computer room.

Breakfast is your usual cereal, yogurt, coffee, juices, etc., but they also had eggs (little pancake shaped ones) and bacon. As a person who likes to eat low-carb and mostly gluten free, I liked having protein available. There are a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel which is a nice option if you are tired of traveling.

Overall it is a nice place to stay on a budget. We've always felt welcomed at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Claudia R
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Hey Claudia,

Thank you very much for leaving us a review! We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we are always happy to host the Special Olympics. We make sure that all our guest feels at home. I can see from your review that overall you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again very soon in the near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The weather started getting bad so my company put me up in a hotel due to my long commute to work. Upon check in, Nancy was super fabulous and a true gem to work with. She made check in a breeze and very simple. She braved the storm and even told me that she was brought in from another location in the area. You would have never known that she wasn't an original staff member of that hotel. She was very friendly quick and totally efficient. Upon arriving to my room, it was up to my expectations, seemed recently updated, and very clean. I did notice that they kept the heat off in the room and I applaud them for saving energy, however I half expected to walk into a warm room with the light on and not have to search for the lamp switches. My company decided to change cards during my stay and the staff made the change with so much ease...I didn't have to worry about a thing. I truly enjoyed my stay other than getting stuck in the parking lot because of the ice and snow of 2014. Thanks a lot to Nancy again for making me feel so welcome, she is a true asset to your company.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Hunter-Lynn

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time out and leaving us such a detail review! We are thrilled to know that our guest appreciate our hard work and recognize it. Nancy has been with me for around 15 years and she is really an asset to our company. I will let her know that she was appreciate for all the help to you.

We are glad to know you enjoyed your room as we have recently renovated the entire rooms of our hotel. We are happy to here that we made you stay enjoyable and we look for3watf to see again very soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The general manager and his staff are outstanding! They go out of their way to make sure your stay is exceptional. Whenever I visit the Charlotte area, I stay at this location and been treated like royalty! They always follow up to make sure your accomodations are exactly as you requested or needed. i am in the Customer Service business and I always receive the most outstanding service here. i look forward to seeing them each time I am in town.

Room Tip: The suites are very large and comfortable!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Missie K
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Hey Missie,

Thank you so much for taking the time out and write us a wonderful review! I like to thank you for being one of our loyal guest when your in town. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home and comfortable when they come to stay at out hotel and from your review I can see that we succeeded.

Thank you for complementing our entire staff as we work hard to make sure our guest are satisfied in anyway.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We got together for our family reunion at the comfort inn and we had several rooms plus their conference room for reunion. Their service was excellent and their staff was so great that they offer our kids cookies and milk. That's what you call customer service. The rooms were excellent and new. Breakfast was full with choices. Thanks to everyone at this hotel for making our reunion fun and relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Margret W
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Hello Margret,

First of all, thank you sooo much for a wonderful review. We are all about customer service and we make sure all of our guests feel at home when they stay at our hotel. Specially when they come for a reunion. We are glad to know your entire family chose our hotel and enjoyed your family reunion. We all are thrilled to here that we made your reunion special and relaxing.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We were there in Nov 2013 for the Panthers game and the hotel was great in accommodating us. They had everything in their room that we needed. At that time they had renovation going, but they kept it clean and neat. I think from other reviews they finished their renovation and we look forward to coming next season and stay at this hotel as it was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JamesPantherNation
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a great feedback! We appreciate it so much when guests recognize our hard work and gives us feedback on it. We keep all amenities that a customers looks for in a hotel room and that to ALL OF THE ROOMS! Yes!!! We have finish all of our renovation and the rooms look great!

We hope you can come soon to see our new rooms!

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte? Share your experiences!