“Outstanding Hotel & Staff”

Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Galivants Ferry, South Carolina
“Outstanding Hotel & Staff”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed at this location for the period of January 1st thru the 8th, 2014. Even though the hotel is doing an upgrade the service and the staff did everything that could be asked of them. They really go out of their way to make your staff feel like you are at home. Everything was perfect from the breakfast to the room. I had the pleasure of staying in one of the newly renovated rooms and they are extremely nice. For the price they cannot be beaten. The location is close to downtown Charlotte and there are plenty of dining in and around the hotel if you do not want to make the short drive into Charlotte. My overall rating of this property is a 10 plus. If you are in the Charlotte or Matthews area be sure to put this as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Any room is excellent, I prefer end rooms away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Hey Mr.Ard,

Thank you so much for taking the time out and leaving us a detail review! We really appreciate you being a loyal customer to our hotel and Choice Hotels as a whole.

Thank you for complementing on our renovated rooms as it makes us feel good that our guest appreciates our hard work.

See you soon again!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this property on December 14th. We stay here about 4 times per year on trips to visit relatives and we travel on to Myrtle Beach a couple of times per year. On this trip we stayed in the Presidential suite. It is absolutely beautiful. It was spotlessly clean. There is a large well lit bathroom with a double vanity. We also enjoyed a nice wet bar in the living area. The king bed was so comfortable that I wished I could have taken it with me! The ladies on the front desk were very cordial and friendly. We were able to walk to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner on Saturday evening. It is just across the parking lot from the hotel. There are several other restaurants that you can actually walk to including seafood, Mexican fare, or a simple McDonalds. We have dined previously at the Azteca Mexican restaurant and it is excellent. If you are into shopping you can walk to Kohl's, Ross, Burlington, Sam's Club and several other really nice shops.

We were greeted on Sunday morning with a very nice FREE breakfast in the hotel's breakfast room which is just off the lobby. There was just about anything that one could want for breakfast on the well-stocked breakfast bar including waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, and an array of cereals and fruits.

On this trip the Christmas tree was up in the lobby and it was just gorgeous. There is also a wide screen TV in the lobby and comforatble seating for anyone that wants to get out of their room for a while. But with the beautiful suite that we had, who would want to leave?

We are looking forward to our next visist in May when we plan to stay at this same hotel before we head on down to Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Hey Mr.Plogger,

Thank you so much for taking your time out to leave a DETAILED review! Finally, now I know who is this loyal customer who has been loyal to us and leaving us feedback's every time they stay. Again, I want to thank you for the review and I am glad that you still choose our hotel for your lodging needs when you are in town.

I hope that you are liking our renovation to the rooms as we are still in process, but you have seen the room change as the year has come to end. We will be completely done by early Feb and you will see new furniture and bedding in rooms by then.

I hope you had a great Christmas!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was very impressed by everything at this motel. I have stayed at all the surrounding area motels and this one was a bonus. I mean it in the actual sense of the word. I "earned" this stay through my bonus points. I have to say honestly that I couldn't afford this place and my points made it happen. This was a house hunting visit, so we didn't get to spend too many hours there, but the time we did stay was very nice. The only thing that didn't impress me was the mattress. When I got in I felt like I was getting on a box with covers. It could just be me because I didn't wake up with a back ache...I do have one negative thing and its to whomever stayed before us...turn off the alarm, don't just pause it...the breakfast was as complete as it could be, over too quickly though for us....I'm going to get to work on my points so I can do this again sometime.....

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, no issues at all. The room has a refrigerator and a microwave.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for such a detail review on your stay. We are thrilled to know that you found our hotel much better then our competitive. We are completely renovating our rooms from top to bottom, including mattress. We will be done by early Feb and the rooms will be amazing.

We hope you can come back and see us soon and thank you for being Choice Hotels member as we have the best point system in the Hotel Industry:)

Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Comfort Inn met all of our expectations. The check-in process was smooth and efficient. Our room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was fairly basic, but that is what we expected. Lots of shopping and restaurants in close proximity. We would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time out to appreciate our work and service by this review. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and know that we are going in the right direction.

Our goal is to give the best service and clean rooms at the best price for the value. We hope to see you in the near future as we are renovating our hotel and rooms and will be complete by early 2014.

Have a great Holiday Season!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was our second stay at the Comfort Inn Matthews. The room was nice and large with a sofa and two chairs. The bed was comfortable. All of the front desk employees were extremely personable and helpful. This is an inexpensive hotel and the value is excellent. There are plenty of restaurants available close by and several places to shop. We did have one of the end rooms and I highly recommend it as the cost is not much more than the regular rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so thankful to you for leaving us a great feedback on your recent stay. We are extremely thrilled to know that you had a present stay at our hotel and enjoyed our large spacious rooms.

As you mention that the value is great for the rooms. That is one our goal. To charge fair and give the customers exactly what they need and not over price like other hotels.

We hope you can come back and see our newly renovated rooms by early 2014.

Lowville, New York
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Comfort Inn Matthews is a great place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms and common areas are clean. And they offer a good breakfast as well. I have stayed here before and look forward to coming back again, many times.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Hello Mr.Wolfe,

First of all THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LEAVING US S GREAT FEEDBACK! We also very much appreciate you being our loyal customer when ever you come to our town. We hope we can continue to satisfy you. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast as its one of the best if not the best in the area.

Our goal is to keep the hotel clean and friendly to make every guest feel home away from home and I can see that we succeed in doing that!

Hope you have been noticing changes in your room as we are renovating and are set to complete entire room renovation by early 2014.

New York
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed in two rooms and found them clean, nice looking and reasonably priced. It was close to highways, stores, restaurants in a safe neighborhood.
However, on the morning I was leaving I was walking near my bed and slammed my ankle into a steel rod that was sticking out about six inches from under the box spring. I saw stars! I got ice on it right away but it broke the skin and I drove to a funeral with a bag of ice on my leg.
I pushed the box spring over it more so someone else wouldn't get hurt and saw a total of three rods protruding!
I'd still recommend this place, but check your bed and don't get hurt.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We like to thank you for your review on your stay. I would first like to apologize for the bed issue you had and you hurt your leg at our hotel. I have already instructed our staff to go into each room and check the framing. Sometimes its hard to notice that as the bed skits covers them and if kids jumps on the bed then the mattress gets dislocated. Thank you for mentioning our rooms decor and cleanliness as they are one of the major aspect of a good hotel room.

I assure this will not happen in the future as we are renovating the entire hotel and rooms including the mattress and framing. All will be done by early 2014 and we hope you can come and experience our new renovated rooms.

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte? Share your experiences!