“Excellent Stay”

Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was very impressed by everything at this motel. I have stayed at all the surrounding area motels and this one was a bonus. I mean it in the actual sense of the word. I "earned" this stay through my bonus points. I have to say honestly that I couldn't afford this place and my points made it happen. This was a house hunting visit, so we didn't get to spend too many hours there, but the time we did stay was very nice. The only thing that didn't impress me was the mattress. When I got in I felt like I was getting on a box with covers. It could just be me because I didn't wake up with a back ache...I do have one negative thing and its to whomever stayed before us...turn off the alarm, don't just pause it...the breakfast was as complete as it could be, over too quickly though for us....I'm going to get to work on my points so I can do this again sometime.....

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, no issues at all. The room has a refrigerator and a microwave.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for such a detail review on your stay. We are thrilled to know that you found our hotel much better then our competitive. We are completely renovating our rooms from top to bottom, including mattress. We will be done by early Feb and the rooms will be amazing.

We hope you can come back and see us soon and thank you for being Choice Hotels member as we have the best point system in the Hotel Industry:)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Comfort Inn met all of our expectations. The check-in process was smooth and efficient. Our room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was fairly basic, but that is what we expected. Lots of shopping and restaurants in close proximity. We would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time out to appreciate our work and service by this review. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and know that we are going in the right direction.

Our goal is to give the best service and clean rooms at the best price for the value. We hope to see you in the near future as we are renovating our hotel and rooms and will be complete by early 2014.

Have a great Holiday Season!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was our second stay at the Comfort Inn Matthews. The room was nice and large with a sofa and two chairs. The bed was comfortable. All of the front desk employees were extremely personable and helpful. This is an inexpensive hotel and the value is excellent. There are plenty of restaurants available close by and several places to shop. We did have one of the end rooms and I highly recommend it as the cost is not much more than the regular rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so thankful to you for leaving us a great feedback on your recent stay. We are extremely thrilled to know that you had a present stay at our hotel and enjoyed our large spacious rooms.

As you mention that the value is great for the rooms. That is one our goal. To charge fair and give the customers exactly what they need and not over price like other hotels.

We hope you can come back and see our newly renovated rooms by early 2014.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Comfort Inn Matthews is a great place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms and common areas are clean. And they offer a good breakfast as well. I have stayed here before and look forward to coming back again, many times.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Hello Mr.Wolfe,

First of all THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LEAVING US S GREAT FEEDBACK! We also very much appreciate you being our loyal customer when ever you come to our town. We hope we can continue to satisfy you. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast as its one of the best if not the best in the area.

Our goal is to keep the hotel clean and friendly to make every guest feel home away from home and I can see that we succeed in doing that!

Hope you have been noticing changes in your room as we are renovating and are set to complete entire room renovation by early 2014.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed in two rooms and found them clean, nice looking and reasonably priced. It was close to highways, stores, restaurants in a safe neighborhood.
However, on the morning I was leaving I was walking near my bed and slammed my ankle into a steel rod that was sticking out about six inches from under the box spring. I saw stars! I got ice on it right away but it broke the skin and I drove to a funeral with a bag of ice on my leg.
I pushed the box spring over it more so someone else wouldn't get hurt and saw a total of three rods protruding!
I'd still recommend this place, but check your bed and don't get hurt.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We like to thank you for your review on your stay. I would first like to apologize for the bed issue you had and you hurt your leg at our hotel. I have already instructed our staff to go into each room and check the framing. Sometimes its hard to notice that as the bed skits covers them and if kids jumps on the bed then the mattress gets dislocated. Thank you for mentioning our rooms decor and cleanliness as they are one of the major aspect of a good hotel room.

I assure this will not happen in the future as we are renovating the entire hotel and rooms including the mattress and framing. All will be done by early 2014 and we hope you can come and experience our new renovated rooms.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip October 10-14. The room was nice. However, I needed to be able to use the WiFi for my company's podcasts and long distance communications (Skype) as well as with my family.

The WiFi was not acceptable, it was very intermittent, depending on what part of my room I was in and it was horrendously slow. I literally had to move around the room to even have a constant WiFi, which didn't not stay connected.. My wife and I both talked with the hotel and they stated, "we never had any problems with our WiFi."

We found this unacceptable because we had stayed at this hotel in 2012 and the WiFi was very slow. I visited with the IT person without any resolution. My wife called corporate and they too were not helpful. Honestly, I know that Wifi is not the reason for staying, but this is a "deal breaker and I am not sure if I nor my family will want to stay at this place again.

One suggestion, is to spend some money and update your router and Wifi services. The hotel advertises "free high speed internet access" on the Choice website. This was not the case, and it isn't because there were people using the server at the same time. It is a problem with your wiring, and routers. Please fix this for future customers or do not advertise it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Chet_Patel, General Manager at Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Hello Kathy,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback as it will help us with issue. I will personally go to each router and check them to see if they work properly. As you stated, we do not get any complaints on the internet as we have 25Mbps Down and 15 Mbps Up speed as its the best in the area.

Again, I am apologize for the inconvenience and will check our equipment right away.

We hope you can come back as see our newly renovated rooms by early 2014.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have stayed at this Comfort Inn a few times, the last time the weekend of Nov 2 and 3.
We arrived much earlier than the stated check-in time, but they were able to get us
checked in early, and the room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The morning
breakfast buffet is AWESOME, and the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.
The hotel is located in Matthews, and every amenity you can imagine is right nearby.
Be sure to check out the Azteca restaurant right in the same parking lot ~ it's wonderful!!
There are lots of other restaurants and shopping nearby as well.

Hey Barb,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS AMAZING REVIEW! I would like first thank you for being a loyal customer to our hotel and to Choice Hotels. We are glad to be your Choice of hotel when you come to our area.

Our entire staff is dedicated a great service and to make every guest feel at home. Also, thank you for mentioning Azteca as its truly a great place to eat next door.

We hope to see you soon as we are renovating our entire rooms by early 2014.

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte? Share your experiences!