“A true gem!”

Ranked #40 of 184 Restaurants in Matthews
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I recently tried this restaurant based on reviews here. I must say we were not disappointed. We tried the cheese, meat, and bread (select your own) appetizer and loved it. Excellent quality cheeses and meat. My wife had the grouper and I had a chicken entree that were both wonderful. We also tried a desert that was great. I ordered a wine (cab) based on our waiters recommendation and loved it.

This is a really cool small restaurant. The chef seemed to take great care in preparing the cuisine. Service was perfect. We will return!

2  Thank golfer393
There are newer reviews for Sante

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great place to go for a special dinner. Small restaurant with wonderful ambience. Best to make reservations.

3  Thank BarbaraAO
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'm a Matthews resident and have been going to this restaurant for the past 11 years. I wouldn't call myself a regular, but probably go there six times in a year--for lunch and supper.

My husband and I have never been disappointed by a meal there. I'm a somewhat picky eater and approach the menu from the vegetable (always fresh from a local farmer's market) end of the spectrum, while he is fonder of the meats on the menu. We're both always satisfied with what we get.

The restaurant is in a historic building in downtown Matthews--a beautiful old place and nice setting for a meal. I would call the atmosphere 'intimate.' The tables are covered in white-tablecloths, but there is a variety of dress there....you'll see people in everything from dressy to very casual attire.

Meals are usually in the $15--$20 range and have artful presentation.

Parking is on the street or in a small lot behind the restaurant (you'd have to go around the block to reach it.)

We've never had a problem with the service, although it's a small staff. You get more of a family feel with their interactions between each other and the diners.

Highly recommended.

3  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had an overnight stay in Matthews and found Sante on Trip Advisor. We were definitely not disappointed! The food, ambience and price(!) were a wonderful combination. A real surprise find for Matthews and really at the top of the list for the Charlotte area. We will be back!!

3  Thank CharlesRaleigh_NC
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I ate at Sante' last night on the spur of the moment...heading to a chain, Carrabba's, and changed our mind. I wanted my husband to try Sante' as I had met girlfriends there for lunch. We had a nice meal with excellent service. I ate the Mahi Mahi on the menu and my PICKY husband chose the Lamb feature not on the regular menu. both were prepared to excellence. Thank you. We enjoyed our entrees so much and the bread was delicious but a little salty...we have eliminated so much salt in our diet, we are sensitive but we ate it dipped in the olive oil. The avocado spring roll appetizers were so good too! A must-try. My husband is diabetic so desserts were out as we don't eat them....BUT he had to try his potato cakes with his entree and they were fabulous, he tasted, I ate. We had a wonderful meal and will return!!

3  Thank NCAlice