“Wave as you pass by!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Applebee's
Ranked #50 of 177 Restaurants in Matthews
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Warrenville, South Carolina
“Wave as you pass by!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

The service was horrible! I arrived around 4 PM and was 1 of only 3 tables in the restaurant. The young lady who greeted me was very pleasant as she handed me off to the waiter/bartender. No smiles here. The 4 associates that I saw were much more interested in each other than the few customers that were present. The appetizer sampler was ok but the meal was disgusting. This was my first visit to an Applebees and will certainly be my last. This was a costly lesson as the menu is over priced. Should have gone to Boston Market next door.

Visited December 2013

Ohio
“Good steak for under $13.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Take-out available and quality of food very good. We had a large, complicated order and they got it 100% right.

Visited October 2013
Newark, Delaware
“New server, ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Ended up going here for lunch on a Friday - ended up with a brand new server who didn't know too much about the menu, which was alright since we ordered basic items. The strawberry lemonade was delicious, and everyone enjoyed their sandwiches. It was good food, but nothing to write home about.

Visited October 2013
Charlotte
“Service Can Make a Chain Link”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Excellent personality by Epiphany made a good lunch in a familiar restaurant memorable. I tried their new dish, attempt at serving Mexican Paella, and it was really good. Nice size chicken breast with enough shrimp (rather than the customary 3-4). If you like cilantro, you'll really enjoy the taste. I like the chunks of avocado as well. Was able to mash them as I ate and mix in with rice. Portion of rice is actually too small for amount of meat. Waitress says she has gotten that comment before, and believes they are now considering it since more than one person mentioned.

An overall good experience and pleasant surprise.
BURP

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Ambler, Pennsylvania, United States
“OK for a quick bite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am not an Applebee's fan, but we just wanted a spot for a quick drink and apps. Our server, Robert, was stellar. He made sure we were ok and was most efficient and pleasant. I had the pretzel sticks...nice "gourmet" kind of thing. Light and crispy. The cheese sauce was a little too much and overpowered the tasty pretzels. The honey mustard was better. My premium Margarita was perfect! Pleasantly surprised!

Visited July 2013