“Fabulous and Authenic!”

Kabab - Je Rotisserie & Grille
Ranked #1 of 189 Restaurants in Matthews
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed January 26, 2014

If you are in the Matthews/Charlotte area, you will not be disappointed to stop in for a meal at Kabob-Je! You are sincerely welcomed as soon as you enter and the service is excellent! I can hardly wait to get back again! (Glad we are only 20 minutes away) I have eaten Lebanese food for over 30 years and this is absolutely prepared fresh and to perfection! Even the pita bread is prepared on-site and served straight from the oven arriving to the table puffed up and then you tear a piece and the steam is released. The best pita bread! Our table had lentil soup, kibbeh, shawarma plates and sandwiches, kafta and fattoush. Then we purchased 3 kinds of little pies to take home; spinach, lamb and cheese. Also, small desserts were taken. You will not be disappointed in any way with Kabob-Je.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The food is all outstanding! We tried a cracked lentil soup, curry chicken and a spiced chicken kabob for our lunch. We followed it up with several of the desserts to share. The food was cooked and spiced beautifully.

So if the food wasn't amazing enough, the staff was incredible! When we were seated, the first question asked was if we have dined at the restaurant before. When we said no, the waiter told us he was going to take us on a culinary adventure and boy did he ever.

I have been telling everyone how excellent the restaurant is and I will definitely return.

2  Thank happytravels98
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled upon this about a month and a half ago, and was in a hurry, but I'm a sucker for Mediterranean food, so I ordered a quick meal to go... The Kafta. It was perfectly prepared with the same flavors and textures I had experienced in Iraq, Jordan, and Turkey.

I went back a couple weeks later and ordered a schwarma sandwich, which was again perfectly prepared.

Tonight, Kafta again, and falafel. There was a huge selection of deserts (which most patrons seemed to order) but I didn't partake. Each one looked better than the other! There was a mountain of Baklava stacked to the sky....

This is a simple, yet attractive and clean place, the gentleman that runs it is extremely courteous, and treats you like family, always. I am happy to have found this, the best Mediterranean food I have had since I came back to the States! I highly, highly recommend you give it a shot!

1  Thank trukselr
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Wow this food is like a breath of fresh air in the chain dominated atmosphere of Matthews. The humus is so good, I could make a meal from just it. Had the beef shawarma and the mix of tahini and the spiced meat made for a delicious combination. I can't wait to go back and try something else!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

if you like your food VERY well done, you would like this place. Beautiful inside, and great outside seating. I might try it again, but I would have to warn them not too overcook and would worry about offending the chef!