“Date Night Place”

Grapes Wine Bar
Ranked #51 of 189 Restaurants in Matthews
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We've had a few people ask and mention this wine bar - so we gave it a try. This is a great date night or meet and chat wine bar. The interior atmosphere is quaint but still inviting. We sat outside on a pleasant night and enjoy watching the people and the large fountain in the middle of the complex. The food is average and consists of appetizers and is not meal worthy for a guy. The staff is diligent and friendly.

1  Thank Stuart G

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Last night we when to dinner at Grapes for the second time. Being a wine bar they have a great selection of wines, we had the ''Butter Chardonnay". This is a great wine.

This was actually our third time, the first time we just had a glass of wine, the second time we ordered to sandwiches and split them. Cindy really like the "Parma Sandwich", so last night she did not want to share. It has prosciutto, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil e.v. olive oil on a toasted baguette.

I had the "BBQ chicken flat bread". It has a spicy BBQ sauce, roasted chicken, cheddar cheese and a slice of a jalapeno pepper on each quarter. I will be having this again.

1  Thank Will_Linker
Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you are looking for a place to sit either outside or inside and even smoke a cigar outside then this place is perfect. There is even a water fountain in front of the restaurant among the other shops. If you are planning to drink 4 or more glasses then I highly recommend a bottle and you will save quite a bit. The only problem was when I ordered a sandwich. It was a poor version of a Panini sandwich. The bread was not even a Panini bread but two slices of toast and what I ordered was not what I received. When I questioned the contents of the sandwich and said it did not contain the ingredients described he said they ran out of one of the meats and substituted it assuming I would still like it or hope I would not notice. They should have said up front that the sandwich would not be exactly what was described and asked if I still wanted it. Not try to hide it. The price was still the same and a little pricey for two pieces of toast and a little bit of meat on it.