“More Italian Food in Matthews”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #17 of 183 Restaurants in Matthews
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Mint Hill, North Carolina
“More Italian Food in Matthews”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We visited the restaurant early Sunday evening. The place was pretty crowded, but we didn't have to wait for a booth. The server, Hannah, served us well, always making certain that we had beverages. My wife chose the soup option with her dinner. Upon tasting it, she said that it was like room-temperature. We sent it back and they made it good. I had a wood-fired pizza. It tasted really good, but the temperature of it made me think that it was probably ready about 10 minutes before it was served. It's not clear why we had these food temperature problems with our order. Nothing like that was experienced on our last visit. Because their food is really good, we're willing to give them more opportunities to serve everything at a nice hot temperature. Perhaps it was just that they were very busy. They have such a wide assortment of Italian dishes. The manager passed our table on several occasions, like she was actually helping get orders out on this night. Another reason to think they may have been short-handed.

• Visited October 2013

Newark, Delaware
“Late night dinner after traveling all day ”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here last night, around 9:15pm. We had just arrived in town after driving for 9 hours, so we were beyond exhausted as well as hungry. Our server was SO NICE and quickly brought us our drinks. Our salads and then entrees followed shortly after. Everything was delicious! I don't typically eat at chain restaurants, but the food was so good, I'm going to seek out a Carrabba's in my home town. We were able to recork our bottle of wine and take it with us, which was especially nice. If I ever travel back down here, I will definitely eat here again!

Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The food is always perfect! I love the freshness of the food, great staff, very attentive, and friendly

Visited October 2013
Matthews, North Carolina
“Gone Down Hill”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We used to enjoy going to Carrabba's but the past few times we have noticed the portions have gotten a lot smaller and we were disappointed with the manager who tried to please us by offering dessert. We don't eat dessert but would have liked at have a reasonable size serving.

Visited June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“You can't go wrong here!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is our favorite Carrabbas because the food is always consistently great, the service is excellent, and the restaurant staff is very accommodating. The proprietor always comes around to the table to make sure that our dining experience was pleasing. My husband loves the pork chops Marsala and I love the Spiedino with shrimp and scallops. The grill chefs here are the best, the drinks are good, and the seasonal desserts are always on our "to try" list. If you are looking for a great Italian Grill experience, you won't be disappointed with this one in Matthews, North Carolina.

• Visited August 2013