“So/So other places are better...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #12 of 177 Restaurants in Matthews
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So/So other places are better...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I enjoyed Carrabba's when we first moved here, but they put way too much salt on their vegetables (even when I requested they hold the salt!). There is always a wait, we haven't been there in over a year because we prefer Fontanella's next door. The desserts here are very good and I love the chicken with goat cheese but for the money I can get a better deal elsewhere.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Doesn't everybody love Carrabba's?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

The best meal in the world is Carrabbas Veal Marsala, with the house salad and sweet iced tea. I've eaten my weight in this meal, and hope to continue until my arteries give it up - possibly because of the Carrabbas Veal Marsala...

Visited November 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A large menu of above average selections”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

When my wife and I are craving Italian food and looking for a wide variety, we sometimes choose one of the many Carrabba's locations around town. We love their bread and olive oil dip. They have fresh salads and nice appetizers. The pasta is very good but nothing extra special, similar to the Olive Garden. The place is nice enough but a family favorite so usually very noisy with loud children. I do find their price per value equation makes the place worth my money.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“A slice of Italian Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful evening here at Carabbas. Our server Gina was a delight. From our wine choices to the delicious meal to the delicious dessert all was presented in a beautiful manner. Bill the managing partner came to make sure all was to our liking. Ciao!

Charlotte, NC
“One of the Best chain restaurants in the country.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good service and excellent food. Best fried Calamari I have ever had! Try the Pasta Wiesie if you like seafood. It is the best!

Visited September 2012