“Nestled in downtown Matthews...piping hot.”
Review of Ming Fu

Ming Fu
Ranked #30 of 181 Restaurants in Matthews
Cuisines: Chinese
NC
“Nestled in downtown Matthews...piping hot.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We recently enjoyed a late lunch at Ming Fu in Matthews. Right on busy W John Street (coming from Pineville-Matthews Road (Hwy 51), you'll find it located on the right side after Aldi but before the heart of downtown. When I called for directions prior to our arrival, the person on the phone gave me very detailed directions which were quite helpful.

We used a buy-one-get-one-free coupon which was handled with no issues. Atmosphere was very comfortable with subdued lighting and modern seating. Service was a bit slow (including nearby tables not being cleared off quickly), but all staff was quite friendly, accommodating, and smiling. Area policemen were also dining there; a good sign.

When our food arrived (shrimp & broccoli and chicken and broccoli - $6.95 each), it was steaming hot. 3 types of rice were available with the lunch combo: white, brown (no extra charge) or fried. The crispy noodles that arrived before our meals were really crispy and did not taste stale or oil-drenched (as in some other restaurants, if offered at all.) We also had the option of a spring roll, egg roll or veggie roll (no extra charge for veggie.)

When we received our take-out boxes/bags, the plastic bag was folded with a yellow smiley face on top. A nice touch.

A nice place for a sit-down, enjoyable meal. We will definitely plan to return.

• Visited November 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Chinese”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Finally delicious Chinese food south of the mason Dixon line. Food is fresh and delicious. I think it a great location but several places have closed . I hope this one outlasts them all. They also have sushi.

Visited September 2013
North Carolina
“Excellent!!! Have been twice and will go again this week with friends.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

the food is delicious, atmosphere chic and service friendly. cannot wait to return again for lunch. YUMMMMM!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank retiredRN60
Erie, Pennsylvania
“lackluster meal & service”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went here because someone I know said it's the best Chinese food they've ever had. I know of at least 3 Chinese restaurants that are better. I ordered cashew chicken & it was flavorless & had very little chicken. The celery was completely uncooked. The server rarely came to the table. I would not go back. My daughter had their tofu w/ vegetables & said it was average.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ben A
“Spice up your day!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We have been here many times. Service and quality always above our expectations. Delicious Tuna Tataki and the Sushi is nicely presented. There are many vegetarian meals to choose from, too.
Arigato Ming Fu!