“Very Comfortable and Spacious Suite”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed for three nights in March while visiting my elderly mother at the Royal Park Rehab about a mile away, so the location was our primary concern. Secondly, we took our small dog along and this hotel is pet-friendly. The management was friendly, the room was clean and nicely appointed, the bed was comfortable, the grounds were nicely maintained and the indoor pool looked inviting, although we did not use it. The include breakfast was the usual fare with cereal, yogurt, some fruit, waffles, eggs, etc., but was enough for us to start our day.

The only cons I would list are the exercise equipment was not working and there was a bit of traffic noise from the highway, so request a room in the back if you are sensitive about noise. Otherwise, it was a very pleasant stay and we would choose this chain again.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back away from the highway if you are bothered by traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

First night of five and check in smooth and swift.Fourth time here and a nice clean suite.Suite is nice with updated digital television.hotel it tucked backed of major highway makes it quite at night.Looking forward to using pool tomorrow.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for an overnight stay. Check in staff were very friendly, room was clean and fresh, breakfast was good. The only thing we could say bad was a noise on the elevator that was unsettling. Used the stairs. Would most definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Hotel needs some updating but the rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly. Great price. Good location. Easy to get to the highway from the hotel. I enjoyed the free breakfast and the cookies were yummy!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The people at the front desk seem pretty nice and really try to their best for you. The roomies themselves were clean and orderly. The beds were comfortable and adequate. The bathrobes were clean.
However, the place just seems outdated a bit. The decor needs to be updated. The rooms needs to be brighter and more vibrant. It screams cheap even though the price of the room was not.
The door to our room wouldn't close appropriately so that it would bolt lock properly. It took some to before we could get it to lock. I think the building is shifting.
The breakfast wasn't too bad since we thought that it would only be a continental breakfast of cereals, donuts and pastries. But they had eggs, sausage, hash browns and waffles.
It is an average hotel that probably should lower the cost of their rooms.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've used this hotel twice now while there repairs being made at my house. They are the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. They allow pets to stay with you and have plenty of "walking" areas. Could use a little updating in the rooms but they are immaculate.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had to find a place to stay in an emergency situation at my home when I drove past this place, I decided to stop. I needed a place to stay with my puppy dogs, well, these people here made my 58 days stay a pleasant surprise. When it was time for me to leave, I felt like I was leaving my best friends. They made me feel at home everyday I woke up and every day when I came home from work! Thank you to a great home away from home here in Matthews, NC.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Travelers also viewed these Matthews hotels
Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte
1 mi away
Econolodge & Suites
Econolodge & Suites
#9 of 12 in Matthews

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E

Address: 2001 Mount Harmony Ch Rd, Matthews, NC 28104-4113
Location: United States > North Carolina > Matthews
#5 Family Hotel in Matthews
#5 Business Hotel in Matthews
Price Range: $76 - $108 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E 2.5*
Welcome to One of the Top Matthews, NC Hotels The Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E, NC welcomes guests with comfortable accommodations and friendly service. Convenient on-site amenities include a heated indoor pool, free high-speed Internet access, a fitness center and the complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet. One of the most convenient Matthews, NC hotels, the Country Inn & Suites is an easy drive down I-485 or Highway 74 from all of the Charlotte area's top attractions, including Carowinds, Lowe's Motor Speedway and Uptown Charlotte. Book online today and discover the comfort and convenience of the Country Inn & Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matthews Hotel Matthews