“Decent hotel, with a good location”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Decent hotel, with a good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for five days while competing in the USA Hockey U14 National Championships. We were the only team staying in the hotel, which made for a nice somewhat quiet stay. The majority of the staff was very friendly, and service levels were very good.

The daily breakfast was good, and the staff was very accommodating in opening breakfast early due to the team having an early game.

The most annoying part of staying at this hotel is entering and exiting the property onto the main road, You have to make a U-turn on a very busy road. To go south, you must go almost two miles out of your way to U-turn.

Rooms were clean, but a little outdated. The property offers fee Wi-Fi, and every room has a refrigerator and a microwave.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank terandboys

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Spent an evening here following a late arrival on a US Air flight returning from Aruba. Arrived at midnight and was checked right in. The hotel was located off the beaten path behind a restaurant. While the physical plant was dated and the place could use an upgrade it was better than other hotels in which I had stayed. The included breakfast was hot and tasty and the driver who returned us to the airport was very pleasant, helpful and asked everyone to write a review on Trip Advisor. Nice marketing touch. Good, value for money.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Grosse Ile, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel while in town for the Bantam National Hockey tournament. I booked the trip a couple of weeks prior, mainly because of the proximity to the Ice Arena and most importantly, it was dog friendly. The hotel is really quite nice, especially for the price. The rooms were spotless and the beds very comfortable. Loved having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Free wifi too. The complementary breakfast was good, the hotel staff was very nice and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone in the Charlotte area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Greeted right away when entering the property! Received early check in, asked if my room was satisfactory,, came into the pool area and offered us pool towels that had just come from the dryer (felt so good)! Made us feel welcomed. Breakfast great selection and comfy beds! We are definately staying here again and will highly recommend it to family and friends?

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Ms J
Burbank, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

The room was clean, the staff was friendly and the cookies were good!!! A lot of great restaurants and shopping plazas nearby, so the location works out for most. It is pretty conveniently located on Independence Blvd, but be careful because you have one chance to turn it this place or you will end up on a freeway or making a few U Turns! At night, you can easily miss the turn, so be very mindful of the location. Don't let that deter you though; I will stay here again next time I come to the Matthews area (next week!)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank autiger3313
Charlton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

As I walked into the main lobby to check in, I was immediately greeted by 2 gentleman behind the counter. They were very friendly and I knew my family and I would have a good 3 night stay at this place. About 5 minutes after we got into our room we received a call from one of the gentleman asking if our room was satisfactory and that if we needed anything to call them. Talk about customer service. The suite we had was very clean and beds were comfortable. The breakfast was excellent and there was somebody there making sure the food and drink were always stocked up for the guests.
I only have 1 negative comment about this hotel, they need to upgrade the TV's in the rooms to flatscreen HD. The Zenith tube TV's are outdated for a place this nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank desianddarnell
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Didn't get the room I requested and didn't get a refund because I couldn't have my preemies in a smokey room. I also called and confirmed days earlier.
Last review was taken off for some reason. If your booking through a third party don't bother booking here. They said and I quote, "if you book directly through us we'll give you what you want. You may pay more but you'll be happier.

I will not stay there or this group again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank 1greghbrehab
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear 1greghbrehab,

We sincerely apologize that your recent stay you had with us did not meet your expectations. We greatly appreciate the feedback received so we may share it with management to make all improvements necessary to ensure a wonderful guest stay. We do ask if you are ever in the area again to give us another try to so we may have the opportunity to show we do take your feedback into consideration.