Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Grosse Ile, Michigan
“Very nice Hotel”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel while in town for the Bantam National Hockey tournament. I booked the trip a couple of weeks prior, mainly because of the proximity to the Ice Arena and most importantly, it was dog friendly. The hotel is really quite nice, especially for the price. The rooms were spotless and the beds very comfortable. Loved having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Free wifi too. The complementary breakfast was good, the hotel staff was very nice and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone in the Charlotte area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cary
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Greeted right away when entering the property! Received early check in, asked if my room was satisfactory,, came into the pool area and offered us pool towels that had just come from the dryer (felt so good)! Made us feel welcomed. Breakfast great selection and comfy beds! We are definately staying here again and will highly recommend it to family and friends?

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Ms J
Burbank, California
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The room was clean, the staff was friendly and the cookies were good!!! A lot of great restaurants and shopping plazas nearby, so the location works out for most. It is pretty conveniently located on Independence Blvd, but be careful because you have one chance to turn it this place or you will end up on a freeway or making a few U Turns! At night, you can easily miss the turn, so be very mindful of the location. Don't let that deter you though; I will stay here again next time I come to the Matthews area (next week!)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank autiger3313
Charlton, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 30, 2012

As I walked into the main lobby to check in, I was immediately greeted by 2 gentleman behind the counter. They were very friendly and I knew my family and I would have a good 3 night stay at this place. About 5 minutes after we got into our room we received a call from one of the gentleman asking if our room was satisfactory and that if we needed anything to call them. Talk about customer service. The suite we had was very clean and beds were comfortable. The breakfast was excellent and there was somebody there making sure the food and drink were always stocked up for the guests.
I only have 1 negative comment about this hotel, they need to upgrade the TV's in the rooms to flatscreen HD. The Zenith tube TV's are outdated for a place this nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank desianddarnell
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Didn't get the room I requested and didn't get a refund because I couldn't have my preemies in a smokey room. I also called and confirmed days earlier.
Last review was taken off for some reason. If your booking through a third party don't bother booking here. They said and I quote, "if you book directly through us we'll give you what you want. You may pay more but you'll be happier.

I will not stay there or this group again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank 1greghbrehab
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear 1greghbrehab,

We sincerely apologize that your recent stay you had with us did not meet your expectations. We greatly appreciate the feedback received so we may share it with management to make all improvements necessary to ensure a wonderful guest stay. We do ask if you are ever in the area again to give us another try to so we may have the opportunity to show we do take your feedback into consideration.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Recently stayed here, arriving late. I selected this particular Country Inn and Suites because of the positive reviews. First off this is a relatively small Country Inn and Suites with only three floors. When my daughter and I checked in our room and she had already gotten some of her luggage out, we found out the bathroom light (the only one in the bathroom) didn't work correct. So we go to the front desk and they gave us a another room. While the front desk was extremely nice, this is something the managment should have caught before we checked in. We did get upgraded to a suite which was nice. The room was very clean.

The room was nice but had the old tube TV's. I consider any hotel that doesn't have flat screen televisions to be outdated (unless it is a historic property).

TIP: We got to this motel on I-485 north exiting on highway 74. The hotel is on the left side of the divided highway. We turned around and because it was so dark and there was no noticable sign we missed the exit to the access road to the motel and had to go back on 1-485 again and come back around. If it was daylight we probably would have caught it. The motel says the city of Charlotte won't let them have a better sign.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Each time we stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Matthews, North Carolina it gets better than the previous stay. The staff at this hotel knows you by name and welcomes you like you are a family member.

We had a nice, large suite with two televisions and the living room was very comfortable with a sofa bed, chair, table and chairs. There was a wet bar between the living room and bedroom which contained a refrigerator and microwave. The bedroom had two beds and a television and there were two closet areas.

The bathroom was large and had two electrical outlets so we could use the electric razor and hair dryer at the same time. The vanity was so long that two adults could use it at the same time. The water pressure in the shower was good and the hotel provided a lot of towels and wash cloths and shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

We enjoyed the fresh baked cookies that were in the lobby and the reception on Monday and Tuesday evenings. Pizza, salad and chips were served on Monday and Tuesday there was chicken, meat loaf, mashed potatoes, chips. In addition to soft drinks, there was beer and wine.

The breakfast was outstanding with so many items on the breakfast bar, waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, grits, eggs, etc. There was a selection of teas and hot chocolate in addition to juices and coffee.

The other Country Inn and Suites could take lessons from this hotel; the employees are so nice and caring and make you feel welcome on each visit.

We will stay here on our next visit to the Charlotte area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good at this hotel.