“Great food....awesome location ”
Review of Finz Raw Bar And Grill - CLOSED

Finz Raw Bar And Grill
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Description: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?client=ubuntu&channel=cs&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=finz+raw+bar+and+grill+matthews&fb=1&gl=us&hq=finz+raw+bar+and+grill&hnear=Matthews,+NC&cid=1980642165040909332
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great food....awesome location ”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Love the location. Down the road from beautiful downtown Matthews. Food is fantastic as well as the service! Favorite things on the menu are the mozzarella sticks and the wings! Also have good beer specials! We always bring the kids...they can be loud and no one cares.

Matthews, North Carolina
“Need to Try Them”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

If in the Matthews NC area. Need to stop in and try their menu items. My son and I went there for lunch. Both of us had their Finz cheese burger. When it arrived it was a meal and a half. The burger was very large and tasty it all so came with 2 side, French fries and slaw. You are able to select what sides you want. The service was a little slow but it depends on what time you go. The place is packed Friday night and all weekend. At first looks a little pricey but when the food order arrives it is worth the price.

• Visited September 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Over several visits we have been through much of the menu which is varied and has something for everyone. You can go to watch a game, just to lunch or dine or go dancing on one of the nights with libe music ( 3 times a week) . Tuesday is Trivia night, and thursday ladies night.

• Visited January 2013
USA
“Good food, prices and atmosphere, service can be slow”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

First time here and I was impressed. I wasn't expecting much just judging by the name "Finz Raw Bar And Grill", which happens to be a few hours from the ocean (and the LAST thing I would expect in Matthews, NC), but I tried it anyway.

The atmosphere was that of a sports bar, but not overly loud - so good for conversation and family (and this was on football Sunday).

They had $0.45 wing specials and some great beers on draft for only $2.50 for a 20 oz (I opted for the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but they also had a couple of Sam Adams on draft as well as domestics).

The food was good - wings, potato skins, and kid's chicken tenders (real chicken breast, not junk).

So, the atmosphere was good, the food was good, and the prices were good.

The service started out great, but as it got busier the service got bogged down - even though it didn't get packed, my server just vanished for awhile after the food was served.

So, if you aren't in a big hurry and just want to relax, then definitely don't let the name scare you off - stop in and enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Great food, but service hit a rough spot”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've been to Finz several times, and was in the mood for oysters and such during a recent visit to the Charlotte area. We got a couple of tables pushed together for our party of 6 and ordered appetizers. My daughter loves the fried pickles. They're different here because they are battered a fried dill slices rather than spears. My son and I split a dozen oysters on the half shell, which were very good. Everyone ordered entrees. I got the fish tacos, which were nice. Nothing amazing, but good food for a night out and a couple of beers. All of the entrees came except my daughter's shrimp scampi. The waitress said the kitchen was backed up, but it would be right out. This went on for a while, and we reached a point where everyone else had finished eating and my daughter still had not received her food. The waitress was still trying to tell me that the kitchen was backed up and it was coming, but I asked for a manager. From here on, his involvement made a difference. The manager apologized for the situation, got the food expedited and brought me a free beer while we waited. They also removed my daughter's dinner from the bill. Everyone enjoyed their meals (even my daughter), and we will be back. The food is good and the service is generally fine. I appreciated the manager making things right.

• Visited October 2012