“Lamb Medallions”
Review of Finz Raw Bar And Grill - CLOSED

Finz Raw Bar And Grill
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Description: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?client=ubuntu&channel=cs&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=finz+raw+bar+and+grill+matthews&fb=1&gl=us&hq=finz+raw+bar+and+grill&hnear=Matthews,+NC&cid=1980642165040909332
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Judging from the name "Finz" I would have expected this restaurant to be a seafood joint only. I did not expect to find choices like, Prime Rib, True Italian Stromboli or Lamb Medallions. At this locally owed restaurant you'll be delighted by the wide selection of freshly made food at amazing prices. The friendly wait staff and make this a favorite amount Matthews locals of all ages. The "Specials Menu" changes daily so they always have something new for you to check out. I had the Lamb Medallions appetizer with a cilantro mint sauce last Friday that was so beautiful and delicious I just had to share the picture on my Facebook page. My husband and I love to eat at Finz on Saturday nights when they offer the Prime Rib special and Sunday mornings they open up and offer the most delicious omelets in town.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

My wife and I spent almost two weeks in Matthews, and were at Finz almost every night - and every night has it's special which usually a great bargain -> Wed. Special Finz Burger -8oz angus burger w/ fries $5 - try it!. The food is great, there's live entertainment thu-sat. The service is great and the locals are very friendly.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

There are subtle changes since vinnes Sardine closed last year. At least it seems cleaner and brighter inside. Wife boy and I hit it for lunch twice in same week. The food seemed pricey, doesn't taste any better and the service is alright. I used to love the fried grouper sandwhich at Vinnie's - Finz is not as good - yet.

Reviewed May 13, 2011

We ate at Finz Raw Bar and Grill in Matthews while visiting friends in nearby Indian Trail.

Average bar food. Highly touted grouper sandwich definitely not made from fresh fish, but okay for the money. Fries were great! Shrimp was okay, but also easy to tell that they were previously frozen. Hamburgers are good quality. Wings are decent, but on the smallish side. Sauces rather bland. Good beer specials. Prices are about what one would expect for most items.
The bad? Jukebox blaring loud, obnoxious, vulgar rap music. Al fresco dining not even a consideration for non smokers as the patio was completely dominated by smokers who were lighting one after another. The door to the patio was in constant use as smoking patrons milled in and out of the bar, allowing smoke smell to emanate throughout the interior of the restaurant.
Overall, not a place I would recommend to anyone over 30 years of age, people entertaining clients, or to parents looking for a place to take the kids. Finz is a neighborhood bar and not really a restaurant. At least that's my impression.

3  Thank GreasySpoonz