Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East
$89
Country Inn
$69
EconoLodge
Sleep Inn Matthews - Charlotte(Matthews)(Great Value!)
$76
SleepInn
Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte(Matthews)(Great Value!)
$79
Quality Inn & Suites(Matthews)(Great Value!)
$74
$129
$119
$52
$90
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskpancake machinecracker barrel restaurant next doorenjoyed the indoor poolthe entire staffthoroughly enjoyed our stayfantastic stayrecommend this hotelevery staff membermovie theaterlarge varietyfree breakfastindependence blvdbonus pointsin great conditionhotel roomup to date
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Shower felt great, though it sprays a horrible puddle all over the floor and you can't stop it. Clean with a lot of space. Good tv channels and nice free breakfast. The decor is modern and comfortable. Lots of parking spots and several restaurants close by.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mwar1004
ManagerCLT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

So glad you stopped by to check out our hotel. I love hearing about the great experiences our guests have at our hotel. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed breakfast as well as the shower. I hope that you were able to take advantage of our local restaurant discounts! Thank you so much for the response. I look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week due to work. I was impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the hotel. I was warmly welcomed and even provided a $3.00 coupon to the hotel store (score!). The room was comfortable and the breakfast was really good. I will say that the coffee was much better than I anticipated. I looked forward to it every morning. My only request would be a better workout room but it is comparable to the other Holiday Inns.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I could not have asked for a better experience.

Room Tip: The air conditioner in my room was a little noisy but not too bad.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Johnathon L
ManagerCLT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your awesome words and suggetions! We want you to know that we are listening. The great news is we now have a connection with a local fitness center across the street from us that offers a free pass for every day you are here. I wish that we had more space at the property for a bigger fitness center. I'm glad you took advantage of the IHG Reward Member perks! Can't wait to see you in the future and hope that you try out our new gym partnership. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel was for the most part a pleasant experience. One thing I did not like was the fact the bathtub had mold in the grout and made this part of the stay unpleasant. The area for breakfast was large and the staff kept it well supplied, but they had pancakes that were precooked and reheated when you wanted one. Additionally, trying to get the wifi was difficult. It was slow and kept disconnecting and then not able re-establish a connection.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCLT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your response. I am very sorry to hear about the situation with your bathtub and personally will look in to this with our executive housekeeper. Our pancakes are actually a machine that makes the pancakes fresh when you would like them, which I due hope you enjoyed them. Thank you so much for staying with us and we do hope you come back in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was the most high-end Holiday Inn Express I've ever seen. The decor was reminiscent of the Hyatts I've stayed at. The room was so beautiful and spotless that we started snapping pictures of it as soon as we walked in. The bed was comfy and the bathroom state-of-the-art. My husband, daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay, especially since the hotel offers free breakfast and wi-fi and is nearby lots of department stores and dining options.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCLT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Wow! Thank you so much for your lovely words! I'm so glad to hear you loved our hotel. Our staff tries their best to give 110% all the time from cleaning rooms or serving breakfast. I do hope you got to enjoy our restaurant discounts as well! I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We, my wife and I, and 97-year-old mother-in-law spent a week at this hotel in May, 2013 as we attended our granddaughter's confirmation. They were very accommodating and honored our request for the ground floor room we needed. My mother-in-law was using a wheelchair and felt more comfortable on the ground floor. The staff always answered our requests with kindness and concern. The breakfast more than served our needs. Yes, when we are in the area we will probably stay at the Holiday Inn Express again. It was clean, convenient and helpful for us to be there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ManagerStaie, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

We love getting reviews like this! Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast as well as your mother in law as able to enjoy her stay as well. We do hope that you had a great time at your granddaughter's confirmation. I hope to see you in the future. Thank you for your support and patronage.