“Beautiful Hotel.”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Columbia Station, Ohio
“Beautiful Hotel.”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed for one night. The hotel must be brand new, it is beautiful inside. The lobby area was very nice and modern looking, and the room was great. The bathroom was very spacious, and the shower was nice and tall (I'm 6'3" and I usually don't fit under hotel showers!).
I was unable to get a rollaway bed.
All in all, I had a great stay at this Holiday Inn Express

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
ManagerStaie, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for providing us with your feedback from you last stay. I am happy to hear that the shower was a great fit for you. We like that our guest enjoy and recognize the new modern look of the hotel. We thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback it is appreciated.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
NC
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hotel is newer property about 2-3 years old but maintained very well. Good location right on 74. Hotel is clean, nice indoor pool and rooms are laid out well. Only things to make it better would be improved breakfast. Pancake maker was broken during our visit and there was no fresh fruit out. Also if you are in the back of the hotel, it backs to a rock quarry so in the morning there is a steady stream of dump trucks and a repair garage next door that causes some noise. Lots of great eating places within a very short drive. Would recommend this hotel if in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. Its a delight to hear that you and your family had a nice time at the pool as well as enjoyed the clean rooms. Be assured that the suggestions you had made about impovements to breakfast have been passed on to that department. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to meet all guest expectations. We look forward to servicing you and the opportunity of your guest needs in the future. Again thank you for all the feedback you have given, it is truly appreciated!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have stayed twice here in the past month. The first stay was as a family of four, and the second was just my husband and myself. The hotel is very clean an.d the staff is helpful and friendly. Especially during our most recent stay because we had to use their fax machine and business center. The complimentary breakfast is great, and the breakfast was as fresh at 7AM as it was at 10AM. I'm confused as to why some people complain about the COMPLIMENTARY breakfast, haha. The indoor pool was very nice with a perfect water temp. The outdoor lounge area was nice, too. The only issue we had, and it was during both stays, was the water temperature in the bathroom sink faucet - it never got cold. It was kind of weird to brush my teeth with warm water! No big deal, though. I'd definitely stay there again if I needed to, but wer're moving there, so I'm not sure I'll have the opportunity! But, I'll absolutely recommend it to out of town visitors.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of our hotel thank you for taking the time to give use your feed back on your most recent stay. Our success is measured by how our guest evaluate our services and facilities. It is great to hear that breakfast was fresh from start to finish. It is also nice to hear that the pool and our out door patio meet your guest expectations. We have made the necessary changes to the water tempature that you had noted. We take pride in our hotel, and do our very best to pervent problems from recurring. I hope we get a chance to host any of your future guest traveling in town. Thank you again, for the willingness to share your most recent feed back it is genuinley appreciated.

Midland, North Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Matthews and the Sales Office staff are always a pleasure to work with! They've supported our programs this past year, and we always trust that our clients will receive a great stay in affordable, clean, and comfortable rooms. We appreciate Paige & everyone else on staff for taking care of our guests, and we know that they will do a great job taking care of you!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
ManagerStaie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Tkank you for your recent review. It is great to know that our sales team has met your goals and expectations. And that the confidence that they transmit to you allows you to trust your clients to us so they can stay in our hotel. Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to serve you and provide you with great customer service,

Noemi
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I spend up to 14 weeks a year in the Matthews, NC area. I have stayed at all of the local hotels. This is by far the best 'bang for your buck'. The hotel is new, clean, and friendly. Paige has done an excellent job making our employees (and our customers) aware of this great property and because of her we book there exclusively and we recommend our visiting customers do too. Highly recommend. Paige, keep up the good work! We appreciate it!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are great. High ceilings and easy in-and-out of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
My staff and myself are very thankful that you have taken the time to give us your recent comments about our property and our service. Paige in our Sales department definitely has a great team working with her and they are a big part of our team at the property as well. Their daily effort do make a big impact of the service we provide at our property and we are greatful for that. It is good to know that this part of the hotel is also apreciated by our customers. Thanks again and we hope you can continue using us in future needs.

Noemi
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed with these folks on an overnight "slam-clicker" and they met my expectations. It's hard to find fault with a spotlessly clean room and comfortable bed far from the elevator and the vending area. My check in and check out was quick and easy. The breakfast area was filled with a wide variety of breakfast treats. The front desk staff understands good customer service! I'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator, the vending area and away from the traffic noise from US-74.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review. We apreciate your feedback and suggestions to the rest of our customers. I am sure this will be of great help specially for the ones that enjoy a clean and comfortable place as well as those we can appreciate good customer service. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future,

Noemi Salinas
Baltimore
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed for two nights and this is one of e best I have stayed in. They staff was extremely helpful when we checked in early and helping us print our boarding passes, always pleasant and cheerful. The facilities are amazingly clean everywhere you looked. The fitness center was adequate for a quick workout. The breakfast offered a wide range of choices including fruit and granola bars for us on the run. The only improvements I can suggest are to do something about the noise between floors because we would hear every foot step of the family above us and the Internet speed which was terrible slow. Overall, a top notch place I highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DebDubLU
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We appreciate the opportunity you give us to know the areas were we are meeting our guests expectations as well as those were we need improvement. I have forward your concern of the internet issues to our IT departments so they could look into this matter and improve our speed. I am sorry to hear about the noise level you experience as well, And I am looking into that matter as well. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us while in town and look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Noemi Salinas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East? Share your experiences!