“In Matthews - The Only Place to Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“In Matthews - The Only Place to Stay”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I spend up to 14 weeks a year in the Matthews, NC area. I have stayed at all of the local hotels. This is by far the best 'bang for your buck'. The hotel is new, clean, and friendly. Paige has done an excellent job making our employees (and our customers) aware of this great property and because of her we book there exclusively and we recommend our visiting customers do too. Highly recommend. Paige, keep up the good work! We appreciate it!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are great. High ceilings and easy in-and-out of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ManagerStaie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
My staff and myself are very thankful that you have taken the time to give us your recent comments about our property and our service. Paige in our Sales department definitely has a great team working with her and they are a big part of our team at the property as well. Their daily effort do make a big impact of the service we provide at our property and we are greatful for that. It is good to know that this part of the hotel is also apreciated by our customers. Thanks again and we hope you can continue using us in future needs.

Noemi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed with these folks on an overnight "slam-clicker" and they met my expectations. It's hard to find fault with a spotlessly clean room and comfortable bed far from the elevator and the vending area. My check in and check out was quick and easy. The breakfast area was filled with a wide variety of breakfast treats. The front desk staff understands good customer service! I'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator, the vending area and away from the traffic noise from US-74.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review. We apreciate your feedback and suggestions to the rest of our customers. I am sure this will be of great help specially for the ones that enjoy a clean and comfortable place as well as those we can appreciate good customer service. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future,

Baltimore
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed for two nights and this is one of e best I have stayed in. They staff was extremely helpful when we checked in early and helping us print our boarding passes, always pleasant and cheerful. The facilities are amazingly clean everywhere you looked. The fitness center was adequate for a quick workout. The breakfast offered a wide range of choices including fruit and granola bars for us on the run. The only improvements I can suggest are to do something about the noise between floors because we would hear every foot step of the family above us and the Internet speed which was terrible slow. Overall, a top notch place I highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DebDubLU
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We appreciate the opportunity you give us to know the areas were we are meeting our guests expectations as well as those were we need improvement. I have forward your concern of the internet issues to our IT departments so they could look into this matter and improve our speed. I am sorry to hear about the noise level you experience as well, And I am looking into that matter as well. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us while in town and look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel on business, and sometimes for pleasure, since it opened a little over 2 years ago. I've never had a bad experience at this location, and when things do happen to come up, the staff makes sure it is taken care of immediately. The suites are very spacious and clean, and although I usually take my exercising outside, when the weather is bad, I've always been able to utilize the exercise room. The staff is, and has always been the best part of the stay. They are always attentive, and very eager to help. There are plenty of fine restaurants in the area, from fast food, to nice sit-down eateries. Grocery or shopping is also very close if needed. I just can't say enough good about this hotel and it's staff. I won't stay at another hotel.

Room Tip: I usually try to get a room in the middle of the floor, away from elevator and stair noises, wheneve...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Doug P
ManagerStaie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
I apreciate you taking the time to bringing your thoughts to our attention. We always welcome the opportunity to learn our guests feedbacks as well as their concerns. My staff and I were very happy to hear that valued guest like you can apreciate the efforts we put into our work to make you feel like you are at home. It was nice to hear the loyalty that you have with our property. Our Staff and I are honored to continue having you as part of our family.

Customer service is our number one goal, and exceeding each and everyone of our guests expectations to the best of our abilities.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we are being able to meet your expectations.
Woodstock, Maryland
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Room was very quiet and comforable.. Hotel staff orrginally gave use a key to a room that was occupied But they resolved it quickly. I has asked for extra pillows prior to arrival but did not fine them in the room.Called the front desk and wad told that I would need to came there to get them.Bed was extremely comfortable.Free breakfast not so good but there was a Cracker Barrel next door which saved us from the nasty hotel breakfast.. Pool was very nice. GOOD LOCATION,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cindycPasadena_MD
Thank you for your taking the time to give us your feedback. Any time the hotel receives a guest survey it helps us to better our operation for future guests by addressing any challenges our guests may face. I have communicated to the various departments referenced in your response your concerns to reinforce better service and communication and rest assured that we will use your comments as a learning experience. I have shared your review with my staff as an example why communication is so vital to the success of our business and the satisfaction of all our guests.
I hope you can give us an opportunity to come back and let us show you how your feedback have helped us improve.

Medford
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My brother was getting married and me and my family had to travel down from NJ to Matthew's and the location came to be right down the road to where we needed to go. The hotel is located right on the main road and close to down town matthews. From the outside of the this hotel is obviously brand new and very well kept. From the moment that you walk in the hotel looks beautiful and new and smells very clean and fresh throughout the entire place. The staff was very helpful and polite every staff member spoke with a hello or good morning down the maids making you feel special as a guest here. The front desk staff is very nice and willing to help at all times, any extra linen and towels they gave us right there, also if you leave anything behind like tooth past, tooth brush, comb, razor and shaving cream all is available for no cost at the front desk. There was always people cleaning the main bathrooms and halls. There is a large grand room with sitting area, pool, computer room and small gym. Also every morning they provide free breakfast down stairs with coffee, juice, eggs, toast, pancakes, yogurt, and more. They also have coffee in the lobby 24-7 for your enjoyment and they have a small store with snacks and necessities in the lobby. The rooms were spotless and smelling fresh and new everything looked as if it was from a magazine it was so new and clean looking. It is not a regular hotel room but with quality everything. You will not be disappointed in your stay at this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NJ2492
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is always nice to hear some positive feedback. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed every bit of our property and staff and welcome you back when in town to stay with us again. We are always striving to do our best in keeping a nice clean and good condition hotel and even though we have only been open close to 3 years it is always a challenge to be on top of thing to be kept well. We pride ourselves in doing so. We apreciate that you recognized the effort we do to keep a high standard overall and we will do our best to continue in providing excellent customer service.

Thanks again,

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Hotel was clean and staff was good. Room was nice and bed comfortable. Hotel is located on a busy thoroughfare in and out of Charlotte, this area gets very busy. There are a lot of restaurants, shopping, etc. nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank KenS9
ManagerStaie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thanks for your review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our ongoing goal is to meet and exceed every guest need and go above and beyond every guest expectation by providing you with clean comfortable rooms and a friendly staff. Although our area does gets really busy at times is all from been a great convenient location that offers nearby shopping areas and restaurants to our guests delight. We are glad you enjoyed staying with us and hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Noemi Salinas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East? Share your experiences!