“Nice Stay”

Courtyard Charlotte Matthews
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very Nice Hotel. Very helpful and friendly staff. Every staff member greets you with a "good morning" or "good evening" every time they see you. Every time you enter the Hotel the desk staff says hello and ask if you need anything. The breakfast buffet is well worth the $9.00 a day but there are also several restaurants nearby if that is what you choose, Highway noise can be a bit much at times but not enough to stop me from using this Hotel again. My sleep quality rating was based on this. Rooms and Bathrooms are perfectly kept.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite of the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Gmaestro,

We hope all is well in Florida! Thank you so much for the kind review and for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Sales Manager

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Charlotte Matthews

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a well-kept Courtyard, with very polite and helpful staff, and it is just inside the beltway (485), and directly off of 74 making it extremely easy to get anywhere you need to go in the Charlotte area. I got 25% off when I booked, making it an excellent value for the price. Only a 4 due to the lack of a complimentary breakfast, and lack of an indoor pool.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing to stay with us! Just a head's up for future travels... It is a Courtyard by Marriott brand standard to charge for breakfast. Make sure to check out our Stay For Breakfast rate next time. It is only $1 higher than our regular rate! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff at the front desk is well trained and knowledgeable about the area. The complimentary continental breakfast is a plus. It is also a plus that you can watch the NFL network in your room or in the lobby. The rooms are really spacious. I usually have a hard time falling a sleep in a hotel but here my head hit the pillow and I was out.

• Stayed: November 2012
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you so much for the review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'm glad I didn't see the negative reviews before booking. I'm someone who is particularly sensitive to smells and I would not have booked a room based on those remarks. However, our room was clean and I did not experience any problems with odors. I was a tad disappointed that there was not a complimentary continental breakfast but I appreciated the free wi-fi. Access to the hotel is the biggest problem because of the median.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers! Just to keep you in the loop, it is a Marriott mandate that all Courtyards must charge for breakfast. Please check out our "Stay for Breakfast" rates next time you are in the area. It charges just $1 over our regular rate so you are getting your breakfast for almost free! Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Found the hotel pleasant but not much better than average. I wouldn't say it was bad, but I wouldn't go a far as to consider it exceptional. The hotel is a bit dated and not in very well situated. I wanted to head into town one morning but it seemed really complicated to catch public transport from this location. I booked this hotel and location intentionally as this was where I needed to be for business, however, if I was to visit the area recreationally I would definitely reconsider the location. on the flip side, the people where friendly and helpful.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers. We appreciate our guests' feedback and value your opinion. Just to update you, we have room renovations scheduled in late 2013. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

In need of change! Very dated, like others mentioned the musty, mildewy, moldy smell is overbearing. If your paying more than $29 a night, you are getting ripped off. This is not worthy of the Marriott name!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations and take your comments very seriously.

Since your review, we have been using dehumidifying measures in our rooms to combat this moist, hot season. These measures have made a considerable difference. I realize that does not improve your stay, but thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We hope to see you back again soon so that you can see for yourself the changes we have made. Please contact me at Katie.Register@fowlerhospitality.com if I can help with any of your travel needs. Thanks again for your time and your honesty.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Have stayed here on business for several years, but I think I will need to change. The first room they assigned me on the first floor, smelled so strongly of mold/must. I stood there for a minute, and quickly realized I could NOT sleep there. I have never asked for another room in any other hotel, but I had to this time. I was given one with no problem whatsoever. The second room was on the second floor. It still smelled, but wasn't as strong as the first. They need to solve this problem.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

For 2 weeks now, we have been using dehumidifying measures in our rooms to combat this moist, hot season. These measures have made a considerable difference. I realize that does not improve your stay, but thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Katie Register

Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Courtyard Charlotte Matthews? Share your experiences!