“Great Value and great staff”

Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
“Great Value and great staff”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice while attending my daughter's graduations from UNC Charlotte. We were very pleased with our location, cleanliness, comfort, safety and the warmth of the pool and jacuzzi ..We would certainly stay there again. Also the decor is very nice. Looking forward to next year for my daughter's Master degree.

• Stayed July 2013
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind review through the Tripadvisor website. The entrie staff is so excited that we were able to make your daughter's graduation a success. You and your family were friendly and a pleasure to serve. I will ensure the staff is aware that that their efforts were appreiciated. If we could ever be of service to your family in the future, please let us know. Thank you for the business and we will see you again on your next visit to Matthews, NC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I never do this, but just felt the need to point out an outstanding employee at the front desk. I had scheduled a company meeting at this hotel. We had 11 people that wanted to go to dinner and asked Rebecca where a particular restaurant was located. She gave them directions and offered to call ahead while they walked to the location. She then found out the place was closed and decided to chase after the group - in 90 degree heat - to let them know before they walked out of their way. There are not many people that would go this extra mile. Thank you very much for doing this. Rebecca was there until 11PM Monday night and back again Tuesday morning and had a smile on her face the whole time. Thanks so much!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
The Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with Tripadvisor. I will make sure Rebecca is recognized and rewarded for her efforts in making a difference during your visit. The entire team at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is really movtivated when we hear that we have succeeded in our mission, to provide superior service and clean surroundings everytime. We were excited to hear that everything you needed was located within walking distance of our hotel. The staff looks forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the near future. We love having you here! Thank you for choosing Hampton.
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2013

As a senior contributor to tripadvisor, I always report, the good, the bad, and the ugly. This hotel was first class all the way! I stayed here for six nights for a music conference in room 206. Prior to my stay, Vivian was outstanding at organizing my bill so that I could pay for an upgraded room with a Jacuzzi tub plus an extra night and my school district paid the rest. The room was spacious and the tub was fabulous! The staff was friendly and went above and beyond all requests. For instance, one night, I had purchased a bottle of wine for our anniversary. I had forgotten to get a wine opener. I called down to the front desk and they said that I could borrow theirs. When I did not come down for ten minutes, they called up to ask me if I wanted them to bring it to the door. I was really impressed that they were willing to follow through. As someone who stays in plenty of hotels, I realize that good service like this is hard to find. The room itself was very quiet even on the second floor. The maid service was impressive! Always plenty of towels and supplies! The pool area was clean and refreshing. The breakfast was adequate. I was impressed that they had to-go breakfasts for those of us in a hurry. I rather enjoyed the microwave selections because when hotels put their hot items in a warmer, the food tends to sit too long and get hard or can be barely warm. Not the case with the system they have set up. There were at least 3 selections, and when I wanted something different, the person in charge of breakfast, happily would go fetch it for me. Overall, this was a pleasant surprise to our stay! Oh, I almost forgot! Upon leaving, we realized that my husband forgot his good shirts and left them hanging in the closet. I called the hotel, and they were more than happy to fed-ex the shirts to us at not cost! Now that's outstanding service!

Room Tip: For $20 extra, get the Jacuzzi suite! It was wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful response through Tripadvisor! Your review was one of the most complementary reviews we have ever recieved! It really made us happy to hear that you had a great stay! Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews for your music workshop. I will make sure that Vivian is recognized for her positive attitude and friendly demeanor. Having satisfied customers is the best marketing a hotel can recieve. Having past guests who spread the word about how enjoyable their stay had been will really resonate with future guests. We welcome you to return for all your visits to Charlotte/Matthews because we LOVE HAVING YOU HERE!
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

On tne first night of our stay I asked Rebecca, (at the front desk) to make a reservation for 14, at a nearby. Hopps. She said she would and we set out on foot to the resteraunt. When she called she found out they closed that day for renovations. She ran a block,to catch us, saving us a fruitless walk on a hot night, and. Made a good suggestion for an allternative dining spot.. Service well above what you might expect.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review through TripAdvisor. The Hampton Inn Charlotte Matthews loves our guests who participate in youth sports. We strive to provide a warm and inviting environment so that your little superstars can excel at their chosen activity. I will ensure that Rebecca is rewarded for her attitude and efforts to make your group's stay more pleasant. Thank you for choosing our location when there are so many options these days. The Hampton Inn Matthews loves having you here!
Plainview, New York
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the second time in two years we stayed here while in the area for a family function. The hotel is clean and housekeeping is great. Front desk was friendly and helpful. We saw housekeeping on our second day and asked her to put additional towels and toilet paper in the room since there were four of us in the room. She did so on all of the days of our stay without having to remind her. I noticed that the floor of the room was vacuumed each day. The entire hotel was kept clean. This hotel has doublel size beds and not queen. The new Holiday Inn up the block is going to give this hotel a run for it. We might try it next time only because they have queen beds. Also, the free breakfast is limited. I'm told this is because of local laws pertaining to food service. Also, on one of the days of our stay we were going down for breakfast at 9:45 and there was no more batter for the waffles. The hostess reluctantly added the batter after being reminded that it's the hotel's policy to have breakfast until 10am, not until things on the counter run out. Also, during our stay, the parking lot was scheduled to be resurfaced and approximately 2/3 of it was closed for 3 days. It wasn't even started due to rainy weather. Even though the front desk promised that they will make room to park my car "somewhere" since we were coming back late, it was something that I did not want to deal with at 11 pm or anytime. Maybe they should of closed off a smaller portion of the lot and added another day for the work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your review through Tripadvisor! The housekeeping staff here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews works hard to ensure each guest receives a sparkling guest room every stay. The hotel has guest room renovations planned for the end of 2013 to address any concerns with decor or bed size (Two Queens coming soon!). It really means a lot to our staff to receive your feedback and it helps us to ensure future guests receive the same treatment. Thank you for your patronage and remember our property on your future trips to Matthews, NC.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is an excellent hotel with an exceptional staff. We would recommend this location to everyone. The location is convenient to area restaurants. We have stayed at this location many time and always feel welcomed and are treated very professionally.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews through the Tripadvisor website. The Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with Tripadvisor. The entire team at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is really movtivated when we hear that we have succeeded in our mission, to provide superior service and clean surroundings everytime. The staff looks forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the near future. The Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews loves having you here! Especially our loyal scrapbookers!
Vienna, VA, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The location is good and it's a bit off the roads. But I still heard some traffic noise in my room 408. For the most part, it's a quiet hotel and you get a good rest. And, it's clean. But, the warm breakfast basically does not exist. All they had was waffles and some microwave breakfasts. There are NO eggs, bacon, sausages that are at other Hampton Inns. There is a sign that due to some County rules they can't serve that. IT SURE WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW THIS BEFORE I MADE MY RESERVATION!!!!!! Also, I had some internet issues. I could connect to it. But, I had sent out an email informing someone of my arrival time in Asheville, NC and that never went through at all. So, if they do not allow emailing on their internet system, there was no information letting me know this. Call me old fashioned, but I do not own a fancy phone like an IPhone, etc. My cell phone is basic. I do not text. (OK I'm sure some of you just fainted.) But, my normal lifestyle does not require me to have a super technical phone so I don't waste money owning one. Therefore, this hotel is basic to me. There is an Applebee's Restaurant you can walk to that is next door which was nice, however.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Matthews through the Tripadvisor website. Your feedback is essential to ensuring that future guests have a clean and comfortable stay each visit to our hotel. I wish we could have assisted you during your stay with sending/receiving emails. All guest have the ability to use the complimentary internet and there are no issues with communication through emails. Thank you again for your patronage and review to help our operation improve for our future guests. Please make sure to stay with us on your next trip to Matthews/Charlotte, NC. We love having you here!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews? Share your experiences!