“great service from Rebecca” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews

Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
“great service from Rebecca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

On tne first night of our stay I asked Rebecca, (at the front desk) to make a reservation for 14, at a nearby. Hopps. She said she would and we set out on foot to the resteraunt. When she called she found out they closed that day for renovations. She ran a block,to catch us, saving us a fruitless walk on a hot night, and. Made a good suggestion for an allternative dining spot.. Service well above what you might expect.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review through TripAdvisor. The Hampton Inn Charlotte Matthews loves our guests who participate in youth sports. We strive to provide a warm and inviting environment so that your little superstars can excel at their chosen activity. I will ensure that Rebecca is rewarded for her attitude and efforts to make your group's stay more pleasant. Thank you for choosing our location when there are so many options these days. The Hampton Inn Matthews loves having you here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Plainview, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the second time in two years we stayed here while in the area for a family function. The hotel is clean and housekeeping is great. Front desk was friendly and helpful. We saw housekeeping on our second day and asked her to put additional towels and toilet paper in the room since there were four of us in the room. She did so on all of the days of our stay without having to remind her. I noticed that the floor of the room was vacuumed each day. The entire hotel was kept clean. This hotel has doublel size beds and not queen. The new Holiday Inn up the block is going to give this hotel a run for it. We might try it next time only because they have queen beds. Also, the free breakfast is limited. I'm told this is because of local laws pertaining to food service. Also, on one of the days of our stay we were going down for breakfast at 9:45 and there was no more batter for the waffles. The hostess reluctantly added the batter after being reminded that it's the hotel's policy to have breakfast until 10am, not until things on the counter run out. Also, during our stay, the parking lot was scheduled to be resurfaced and approximately 2/3 of it was closed for 3 days. It wasn't even started due to rainy weather. Even though the front desk promised that they will make room to park my car "somewhere" since we were coming back late, it was something that I did not want to deal with at 11 pm or anytime. Maybe they should of closed off a smaller portion of the lot and added another day for the work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your review through Tripadvisor! The housekeeping staff here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews works hard to ensure each guest receives a sparkling guest room every stay. The hotel has guest room renovations planned for the end of 2013 to address any concerns with decor or bed size (Two Queens coming soon!). It really means a lot to our staff to receive your feedback and it helps us to ensure future guests receive the same treatment. Thank you for your patronage and remember our property on your future trips to Matthews, NC.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is an excellent hotel with an exceptional staff. We would recommend this location to everyone. The location is convenient to area restaurants. We have stayed at this location many time and always feel welcomed and are treated very professionally.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews through the Tripadvisor website. The Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with Tripadvisor. The entire team at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is really movtivated when we hear that we have succeeded in our mission, to provide superior service and clean surroundings everytime. The staff looks forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the near future. The Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews loves having you here! Especially our loyal scrapbookers!
Vienna, VA, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The location is good and it's a bit off the roads. But I still heard some traffic noise in my room 408. For the most part, it's a quiet hotel and you get a good rest. And, it's clean. But, the warm breakfast basically does not exist. All they had was waffles and some microwave breakfasts. There are NO eggs, bacon, sausages that are at other Hampton Inns. There is a sign that due to some County rules they can't serve that. IT SURE WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW THIS BEFORE I MADE MY RESERVATION!!!!!! Also, I had some internet issues. I could connect to it. But, I had sent out an email informing someone of my arrival time in Asheville, NC and that never went through at all. So, if they do not allow emailing on their internet system, there was no information letting me know this. Call me old fashioned, but I do not own a fancy phone like an IPhone, etc. My cell phone is basic. I do not text. (OK I'm sure some of you just fainted.) But, my normal lifestyle does not require me to have a super technical phone so I don't waste money owning one. Therefore, this hotel is basic to me. There is an Applebee's Restaurant you can walk to that is next door which was nice, however.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Matthews through the Tripadvisor website. Your feedback is essential to ensuring that future guests have a clean and comfortable stay each visit to our hotel. I wish we could have assisted you during your stay with sending/receiving emails. All guest have the ability to use the complimentary internet and there are no issues with communication through emails. Thank you again for your patronage and review to help our operation improve for our future guests. Please make sure to stay with us on your next trip to Matthews/Charlotte, NC. We love having you here!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn every year for several years and we have always been happy with the staff, facilities, and the amenities. When traveling to Mathews in the future, we will be staying at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews through Tripadvisor. The entire staff understands the importance of providing clean rooms and superior customer service to every guest. The hotel really appreciates your loyalty to our location and we look forward to servicing you in the future. Thank you for your patronage and your support of Hampton Inn! We love having you here.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was blown away by an experience I literally just had with this hotel. My wife is currently staying at the hotel on business for the week. I wanted to send her something nice, and called the front desk to see if they were able to send bottles of wine, etc. They were unable to do this through the hotel, but I was totally blow away when the front desk manager, Rebecca offered to go to the store on her lunch break and pick up wine and a card, and deliver it to my Wife's room. Completely above and beyond. Not sure about anything else, since I'm not there, but I will say that I was very very impressed with the customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are excited that you enjoyed your experience dealing with Rebecca at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews! We understand the demands that today's business travelers must endure when working on the road. We love that we were able to provide a nice surprise for your wife while she was working away from home. I will make sure that Rebecca realizes how much her efforts are appreciated. Rebecca has a beautiful energy about her and I know she will be excited to hear that she suceeded in her mission of providing superior customer service to every guest. We can't wait to see you on your next visit to the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews! Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn!
Winston Salem, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The cost of this hotel did not improve the quality of my stay. The furnishings and decor were average for a Hampton Inn and offered nothing special in the room to warrant the extra charge. Disappointed that the only hot food available for breakfast was frozen sandwiches that needed to be microwaved.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
The entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews wants to extend our gratitude for reviewing our location on the TripAdvisor website. Customer feedback is vital to allow the team in Matthews to continually improve our operation. It is important that our guests' are satisfied with their stays but we always want to go above and beyond guest expectations. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit to Matthews.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews? Share your experiences!