“Nicest staff around”

Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during the Democratic National Convention so they were at capacity. Each morning when I came down for breakfast, Marcia was there making sure that everyone was doing OK and had what they need. One morning, I asked if they sold umbrellas at the hotel because security was confiscating umbrellas at the convention center. Marcia said that she had one in her car but I told her I could not take her umbrella since it might not come back. She said it was no trouble and that she had another one. She would not accept any money for it and really did not want any credit -- she just wanted to help. In addition, when I ended up needed a different room due to a roommate issue, Marcia worked with the management to find me a room despite being oversold. The manager, Chris, was very friendly, too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review of the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews through Tripadvisor! Marsha the night auditor here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is the type of team member who's compassion and friendly demeanor makes our hotel a special place to visit. Employee's who truly care about our guests help to make the entire staff around them look better. Marsha will be recognized for her commitment to customer service and we would like to welcome you to return to the Hampton Inn Matthews in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for a week while doing business in the Charlotte area. This Hampton Inn property stands up the the stellar customer service performance that the Hilton brands are known for among business travelers.

The hotel is ideally located in the business district of Charlotte and in close proximity to many restaurants and amenities like local gyms and Starbucks along with easy access to shopping.

Clean, comfortable and friendly service stand out among the positive attributes of this property. I checked in and within 20 minutes had a contact phone call from the desk clerk to ensure my room was up to my standards and to inquire if there was anything I needed. The daily room service is great and my room was well stocked and cleaned each day prior to my return. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. They have a daily breakfast buffet, round the clock coffee in the lobby and a nightly dinner and free wine and beer.

Definitely a location that makes business travel a little easier and less demanding. Well done Hilton and five stars to your local Charlotte Hampton Inn staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation! The entire staff was thrilled to read your response through TripAdvisor. Knowing that we had a hand in making your recent visit a success is what motivates our team to provide a friendly atmosphere with superior service to every guest that visits our facility. The Hampton Inn Matthews values all our loyal business travelers. I will make sure that all team members are aware that their efforts really made the difference to the experience you had while in Charlotte. If we could ever be of service to you in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will always welcome you back to your "home away from home" here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Heidi R
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I frequent the Hamoton in Matthews quite often (business) and recently a Heather W. (front desk) joined the team at this Hampton location. First impressions I have found are always the most important and lasting and Heather could not have been more accomodating and friendly.

Each and evrytime I visit this location and Heather is behind the desk she greets me with saying hello Mr. X welcome back a sincere and friendly greeting. I have asked her on many occassions to print boarding passes for flights and she has done this with a smile and "absolutely" even though there is a desk top computer right in the lobby.

Heather exemplifies customer service a practice few master so much appreciated when so far away from home. Great employee!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
carmentrout, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words in your review to TripAdvisor. The valuable members or our team here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews are what makes the difference when building customer loyalty. The entire staff was pleased to hear that Heather takes good care of you when you stay with us. I will make sure Heather realizes her efforts are greatly appreciated. These types of responses form our loyal guests is what motivates the Hampton Inn Matthews to provide superior service to every guest we encounter. Thank you again for the response and we look forward to your next visit to Matthews.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Our group arrived for late check-in, and we were greeted by the most wonderful desk attendant, Heather, who assisted us in many ways that went beyond her normal duties, due to a minor health crisis of one of our travel companions. Our rooms were clean, and better than we expected.During the night shift, another employee, Vivian, assisted us in many requests for local info and wake-up calls for rooms. After our first night, the ongoing health concern prompted a request for a different room arrangement, and Heather was so helpful in assisting our move ,making sure that the new room met our requirements. The breakfast was fulfilling,with many choices to meet even the pickiest eaters' expectations,from fresh fruit to packaged entrees easy to heat up and enjoy. Pool was clean and area well-lit for a family to enjoy at night. We always stay at Hampton facilities, but this one exceeded our past experiences, and we would recommend highly to all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

The Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with Tripadvisor. The entire team at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is really movtivated when we hear that we have succeeded in our mission, to provide superior service and clean surroundings everytime. I will make sure to commend Heather and Vivian for their efforts to make your stay memorable. The staff looks forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here on business and found the staff to be helpful and the hotel clean. the breakfast was good one day and spartan the next otherwise this is exactly what you expect from a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

The entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews wants to extend our gratitude for reviewing our location on the TripAdvisor website. Customer feedback is vital to allow the team in Matthews to continually improve our operation. It is important that our guests' are satisfied with their stays but we always want to go above and beyond guest expectations. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit to Matthews.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I wanted to take my parents who had flown from the UK to the Rocky mountains, but the car ac broke down, the tire was about to blow and we were hot, tired and irate. I called the Hampton in Matthews NC and spoke with Heather Westall who told me she had a room and as soon as we arrived she would help us out. SHE DID. We arrived hot and dishevelled, Heather found us a great room, (clean, comfortable), at a a great price, gave us the toiletries we were missing, (no Charge), offered us coffee or tea (no charge), gave us numbers to a reasonable taxi service (no charge), and checked us in with a smile. After arriving in the lovely room she called to let us know that we could have meals delivered and gave us the number.....no charge! She and the manager Chase gave us a late checkout as the car was not ready...and continued to make us feel welcome as we drank coffee in the lobby. I will never stay anywhere else again, please pass on my thanks...Sally Marshall

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you so much for the favorable review through TripAdvisor. I will make sure the Heather and Chase recieve the praises they deserve for taking good care of your family in a trying situation. The entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews is energized when we have the ability to make a difference in the lives of our guests. Receiving this type of feedback reassures the staff that putting forth that extra effort is what seperates our operation from others. We hope that the remainder of your trip went a little smoother and we would like you to know that you are always welcome here at the Hampton Inn Charlotte/Matthews. Can't wait to see you on your next visit to Matthews!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
East Forest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews? Share your experiences!