“Great Deal!”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The hotel was about 15 minutes from the Epicenter of Charlotte. I was very happy with the room and the bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, plenty of breads, waffles, fresh fruit, 3 types of cereal, juices, yogurt, etc...and the best part was that it was served until 10:30 (weekend), which allowed us to sleep in and not feel rushed to hurry up and get downstairs.
Now there were a few things that caught my attention when booking, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. On the hotel website, it showed us a picture of our room with a refrigerator in it, but there was none included. Also, on the print-out of our confirmation number, it said we would have an 32-inch LCD TV...but this was not included either...it was just a standard box TV.
Overall the hotel was a great deal and we would definitely stay again...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
CMichaelYates, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

Thank you for your shining review of our property. Since the recent renovation we have strived to provide value and comfort to all of our guests. We feel that our amenities package is comparable to any business class lodging currently on the market. As you said we are conveniently adjacent to uptown Charlotte while still retaining a quiet, away from the hassle feel of the suburban area. During the week our breakfast is open from 6am until 10am to accommodate the business traveler and for the weekend sleep-in crowd it does operate from 6:30am until 10:30am. As you said there are a few areas that we are still working to better accommodate our guests. LCD T.V.s and Micro-Fridge units are making their way into our guest rooms, although some still have yet to be upgraded. We can take requests for these amenities during reservations and do our best to fulfill them, although we can’t guarantee them all at this time. Again, we want to say that we appreciate your review of our property and hope to serve your travel needs again in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2010

I just recently stayed at this location, and in doubt after reading some of the comments I found while looking for a place to stay while in Matthews, but after checking prices and seen they have such competitive prices, I looked on their website and saw where they had recently finished remodeling their hotel, so I said let me give it a shot. Definitely nothing like what i read. From the moment I walked in in this place until the end of my stay it was like i was the only one there, the personal attention the staff gave was exceptional and warming. The cleanliness of my room was impeccable, it exceeded my expectations. The smile I received from everyone there each time they crossed by me was very rewarding, it made my day each day. I would definitely be back at this place and in Matthews again, as well as all my colleagues.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Our staff genuinely loves to exceed the expectations of travelers to our property. We want each guest to feel special and we try to welcome everyone with individual attention. Our housekeeping, breakfast, and front desk staff looks at each guest as being unique and works to serve the needs of them in a unique way. Thank you for suggesting us to your business associates and offering to continue visiting us in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2010

I was hesitant to stay here with my parents and two young children after reading a few of the reviews, but the prices were too good to resist. It's not much to look at from the outside, but the location is fine and the lobby is recently remodeled and very nice, with a fireplace and cushy chairs. There seem to be two sections - one with exterior door and one with interior corridors. We had two room in the interior section and they were very nice, clean, and updated. It looked like new carpets, bedspreads, chairs, lights, bathroom fixtures, etc. We were super pleased. The next morning we headed for breakfast and it was much more than we expected. Along with the usual continental breakfast offerings they had a belgian waffle station as well as scrambled eggs, sausage patties and warm biscuits. The breakfast area is large and updated as well. The front desk clerks and the lady staffing the breakfast area were all very friendly, attentive and polite. The pool area is small but it's fairly private, not hanging straight out into the parking lot.

The only negative I can think of is that the a/c unit in the room was fairly loud. I've stayed in rooms with units before, obviously, and this one seemed a bit louder than usual. That said, neither I nor my kids had trouble sleeping. It served as great white noise.

As we were leaving I noticed a room in the middle of being remodeled in the exterior room portion of the hotel -- looks like the updates are still currently being completed.

All in all, an excellent value. Don't hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
QISRocks, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We greatly appreciate every comment and suggestion as guest satisfaction is our top priority. We hope that you will return during your next trip to the area and thanks for giving us a chance, I am glad you were pleased :)

Sara Martinez
Front Office Supervisor
Quality Inn & Suites Matthews

Reviewed July 30, 2010

I have stayed at this property in the past, several times while visiting local family and had not stayed at this prperty since they switched brands. I was very suprised and delighted to walk into a freshly renovated room with new carpet, furnishngs, wall coverings and window treatments. This property may have seemed outdated before but is turning itslef into a gem. Great things are happening and i plan to return to see how awesome it will all come together once completed. I must mention the staff as well, housekeeping goes beyond call to help out guests, the front desk staff and management are all so kind and helpful. Great Job! I really got the vibe that this hotel was really stepping up and giving it thier all. Even The Breakfast bar( including eggs,sausage & buscuits) exceeded my expectations and the young lady who took care of breakfast was on top of her game keeping it clean and stocked :)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Stepping up the game is how we succeed in providing the best in guest services since the completion of our renovations. A helpful and knowledgeable staff understands that the services we provide are what set us apart from the other brands on the market. Now that the property matches our exceptional guest services, we invite you back to see what has changed for the better. Our deluxe breakfast bar still serves quality breads, fruits, eggs, sausage gravy or patties, and much more.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

We needed to stay one night in the Charlotte area while visiting friends and family in Matthews. We picked up one of those hotel coupon books at the rest area on the interstate. There was a coupon for the Quality Inn for $49.00/night. So, we thought we would go look it over. We thought it was a fabulous deal. THe rooms and lobby area looked like they were recently renovated and looked very modern and updated. The staff was very friendly. Noemi at the front desk was very helpful and courteous as were other staff members. The lobby area was nice and the breafast area too. THe front part of the hotel appears older with rooms that you enter from the outside hallway. We were in the back which appeared to be a newer section with an interior hallway. It was much nicer than we had anticipated for such a low rate.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank viajero5

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We greatly appreciat you decidng to stop at our hotel and take advantage of the coupon we had out. We are pleased that you appreciate the value of our hotel. We hope you will return to the area to see the completed renovations and appreciate your understanding as our hotel was undergoing renovations during your stay. Thanks Again :)

Sara Martinez
Front Office Supervisor
Quality Inn & Suites Matthews

Reviewed March 22, 2010

1 - it appears the better reviews are when this was a Holiday INn Express. I was told the owner has built a new HIE and until now the reviews we all checked were for the HIE not the current Quality Inn so be careful. The HIE is further up the road.
2 - filthy and unsafe - i.e. keys stopped working daily for almost all team parents - even though desk staff changed/different shifts all you had to do was request a key for whatever room at the desk and it was handed over, no id required. Anyone could have kept an old key and used it if they wanted to.
3 - The lobby looked very elegant but ..... even the smokers in the group commented on the eye-watering stench of smoke - you can't slap a non-smoking sign on rooms and let it go at that.
4 - We had snot and whiskers on our hot water faucet, big brown streaks on the wall inside the door and by the bed, only one trash can and dirt 1/4 thick in corners where they didn't vacuum thoroughly (all I could think was bed bugs).
5 - 13 cigarette burns in the carpet in various places and 1 in the sink and 1 on the counter top.
6 - sofa sleeper was flat except for springs plus it stil had dirty linens from previous guest. We had to change it ourselves taking dirty linens to desk (they did give us $15 off one night for this chore).
7 - exterior door seal was duct tape so the room was noisy and damp from rain and everytime we tried to run fan/heater/air the smoke smell was unbearable.
8 - Front desk offered to move us but all they had was one bed and we had to have 2. While I stood at the desk, however asking about it, they went and booked another suite for a guest on the phone rather than give it to us. The manager called me the next morning to offer an air purifier and ionizer but I always take my own with me and she said housekeping would thoroughly clean room. Right - we came back and all they did was vacuum and dust - streaks on walls were stil there so bad I cleaned some of them so my daughter and her friends wouldn't get against it. People next to us said they used so much air freshener it smelled like an Elizabeth Arden Perfume factory.
This isn't even a case of you get what you pay for, the team manager was looking for the most affordable nice place and was fooled by the lobby. It was about $20 - $30 cheaper than similar hotes. I would have to be desperate to stay here, especially with Mariotts and other hotels within minutes of this place on the same strip. I have pictures but not with me - I will try to post later but once Trip Advisor got the name and address correct I wanted to get this out ASAP to save other travelers the same problems, including sinus and asthma problems from the smoke smell and lack of security - and please, I"m not anti-smoking but my husband has asthma and my daughter and I suffer allergies and it really did make your eyes water and throat hurt..... my daughter and another team mate both got horrific sore throats during their stays here. Please stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2010
CMichaelYates, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

I cannot begin to express the regret we have at receiving such a negative review from a prior guest to this property. I can however assure you that the current staff, and myself, take guest satisfaction very seriously. I can assure you that every one of the issues that you have mentioned here has been addressed and resolved with the completion of our full renovation. Every room has been fully refurbished and is inspected weekly, if not daily, by members of my staff and myself to insure that they are above and beyond the industry standards set by Choice Hotels Intl. We truly believe that Quality and Value go hand in hand and strive to produce the best product in our market area. We would like to thank you for this honest review so that we can see where we have vastly improved; and I would like to personally invite you back to stay with us and to bring your camera so that you can share the changes we have made.

Reviewed January 31, 2010

My wife and I were very pleased with our stay and with the service we received at this hotel. We booked the room over the phone and the lady who helped me informed me of a special rate that I qualified for that saved me money .Upon arrival at 9.10 pm, we were informed that the pool had closed at 9pm. The only reason we chose this hotel is that it offered an indoor pool. The lady who checked us in said that she could leave the pool open until 10pm so our 4 year old son could go swimming if we very quiet so we wouldn’t disturb other guest. We had a third floor room that was immaculate. The bathroom was spotless and the towels were folded neatly as was the toilet paper. The beds had arguably the softest mattress I’ve ever slept on including the one in my home, even the tops of the pictures in the room had been dusted. I know, I checked. The next morning as I was checking out, I asked the gentleman behind the desk for directions to the Bobcat Arena. He tried to explain to me how to get there. As he saw that I didn’t understand his directions, he pulled up Mapquest on the computer and printer me exact directions that I could read. This man was the Front Desk Manager and just like the lady the night before, he went out of his way to help me. That’s twice in one stay. That’s two times more than most hotels I’ve ever stayed in. We were very happy with our stay and will stay again the next time we are in the Charlotte area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ironhorselunatic

Value for your money is what we work for with every guest visit. Finding you the lowest qualified rate and providing excellent guest services on the phone and in person are how we serve every customer that we come in contact with. Evaluating the individual needs and going the extra mile is what we are here for. Whether it is giving you extra time in our seasonal outdoor pool, finding your family local eateries, shopping, or directions in the Charlotte area, or helping you to enroll in our points program to earn free nights stays or other benefits, our staff enjoys being connected to your needs as a guest. Our housekeeping staff prides itself on the job that is done in maintaining a clean and fresh atmosphere, and looks at the smallest detail to make you know that we appreciate your visits with us time and time again.

F: 704-821-6744

Also consider these accommodations in or near Matthews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E
Econolodge & Suites
#9 of 12 in Matthews
Courtyard Charlotte Matthews
#7 of 8 in Monroe

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!