“Very nice, and good price”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Hinckley
“Very nice, and good price”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Very clean, nice hotel. Desk clerk was very helpful and personable. Nice, well-lit lobby and breakfast area with very gracious and friendly attendant. Very comfortable stay and the price can't be beat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Guest R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for acknowledging our wonderful staff. Your feedback is very valuable in our ongoing efforts to provide our guests with the highest level of service and the most welcoming accommodations possible. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post a review along with pictures. We look forward to having you visit us again soon. If you need help with any reservations in the near future please call 704-821-9800 and we will more than happy to assist you.

Janie Carpenter
Quality Inn & Suites Matthews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have stayed at this property once before and found it to be excellent. So when I wanted to get away this past weekend, this Quality Inn & Suites was the first, and ultimately only place I considered. I was worried I wouldn't make it because my stay was the weekend right after the big snow/ice storm in the Carolinas, but fortunately the roads were mostly cleared by Friday and the hotel never lost power (I even called ahead to make sure!)

Since I was staying over the weekend, I opted this time for a king suite (233), which is $10 more than a standard room. Their suites aren't full suites, as they have a half wall separating the beds from the living space (and only one TV and phone in the room), but it was noticeably more spacious than the standard room I stayed in back in October. My suite was located on the second floor of the "motor inn" wing, which does have interior corridors. Mine also had a private balcony, but in the wake of the storm, I didn't use it.

The suite was very clean, comfortable and quiet, and had a flat screen TV, sofa (non-folding), microwave, refrigerator, and a very nice king bed. The staff continues to do a very good job at keeping up the overall condition of the room, and property in general. Wi-fi was a bit slow at times, but my browser had to regularly "download proxy scripts" so it may have been an issue with the internet settings on my laptop and not something with the hotel's routers/network. Apparently, the hotel has worked out a deal with Athens Pizza, a local pizza delivery place, to let their people bring food directly to guests' rooms, which is appreciated since it can be a long walk to the lobby depending on what section of the hotel you're in, and since there's no restaurants within easy walking distance.

The hot breakfast downstairs was very good and kept well stocked, and the breakfast room was large, clean, and attractive. Staff was very friendly from start to finish, but I want to call out Megan, who remembered me from my last stay (as well as my review from that previous visit). It does say something about a hotel's staff when they're able to remember previous guests on return visits. And since this hotel does so many things right, I'd imagine they see a lot of return guests, myself among them. Everyone on staff was pleasant and helpful.

Once again, the Quality Inn & Suites in Matthews provided me with an overall excellent stay with no issues at all. With clean, spacious rooms with all the important amenities, a nice hot, free breakfast, and one of the best hotel employee teams hands down, I can't imagine myself staying anywhere else in the area. I'm definitely looking forward to my next opportunity to stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms in either section of the hotel are equally nice. Suites *don't* have a second TV or phone.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LGILMAN479
Lisa C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We love hosting you at our hotel, and so thankful for the honest reviews you give. As you know our staff works very hard to give every guest a perfect 10 experience. We can not wait to see you again, and proud to have been snowed in with such wonderful guests. We always want you to feel at home at our hotel! My staff and I thank you from the bottoms of our hearts.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We were getting in to Charlotte airport late, so we stayed here based on the location and reviews. Night check-in with Tiffany was quick and efficient. She was helpful, friendly and professional. Room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. Nice king bed. Sunday breakfast was served 6:30-10:30. Scrambled eggs, two types of waffles, biscuits and gravy and the usual cereals and pastries and hot coffee and juices. Hotel was updated and well decorated, and was reasonably priced. Taylor was helpful and courteous during checkout. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Deen P
Lisa C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank You so much for taking the time to give such an accurate review of our hotel. I have shared your review with our staff and they were delighted. Tiffany and Taylor are both a very important asset to our hotel and thank you for recognizing their hard work and efforts. We hope to see you again soon and enjoy breakfast with you! Safe travels!
Colfax, North Carolina
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel is clean and the price is more than fair. The breakfast was good and the staff was courteous, friendly and very helpful. Everyone who worked here had a good attitude. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve L
Lisa C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank You so mcuh for sharing your experience at our hotel with others. I will share this with my staff and they will be delighted their hard work and efforts created a wonderful stay for you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and wish you safe travels where ever the road may lead you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was blown away by the friendly staff (Tiffany I think), ease of check in, great breakfast options, and clean rooms. Even though our rooms weren't inside hallways, the rooms were perfect. Convenient location to McAlpine Park, and tons of food options near by. Kudos all around!!!

Room Tip: Ask for interior rooms if you don't like being right off the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your postive feedback. I have shared your review with Tiffany and the enitre staff. It was our delight to serve you while you were visiting the Matthews NC area. Our hotel does offer several rooms with outdoor access, however the majority are interior entry. It is nice to offer both as many individuals have opposite preferences. Both interior and exterior rooms offer very clean, fresh and updated rooms. We look forward to seeing you again when returning to our area.
Mansfield
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My Mom and I stayed here for 2 nights. This place was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I really liked having a fridge in the room too. The breakfast bar was very good, with a large variety of things to eat. It was not your standard continental breakfast, it was much better. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area. Thank you Quality Inn for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lisa C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing us for your stay while in the area. We are pleased to have the opportunity to serve you and your Mother's rooming needs. Feedback is very important to us and we are thankful you took the time to give a review for our hotel. We will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area. My staff and I wish you and your family a Happy Holiday and safe travels!
Northeast Alabama
Reviewed October 27, 2013

family trip to visit relatives .breakfast was great we had a variety of foods each day .the cost was reasonable the beds were comfortable and room was cleaned daily. the employees were tops.we would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling. we are senior citizen .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lisa C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
It was a pleasure for myself and hotel staff to assist you during your stay. We are so thankful you took the time to receognize our hotel and do a review. Your feedback is always important and keeps us motivated. We look forward to srving you in the furure.