“Great Staff! Super clean, good breakfast options, A++++”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Staff! Super clean, good breakfast options, A++++”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was blown away by the friendly staff (Tiffany I think), ease of check in, great breakfast options, and clean rooms. Even though our rooms weren't inside hallways, the rooms were perfect. Convenient location to McAlpine Park, and tons of food options near by. Kudos all around!!!

Room Tip: Ask for interior rooms if you don't like being right off the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your postive feedback. I have shared your review with Tiffany and the enitre staff. It was our delight to serve you while you were visiting the Matthews NC area. Our hotel does offer several rooms with outdoor access, however the majority are interior entry. It is nice to offer both as many individuals have opposite preferences. Both interior and exterior rooms offer very clean, fresh and updated rooms. We look forward to seeing you again when returning to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Mansfield
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My Mom and I stayed here for 2 nights. This place was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I really liked having a fridge in the room too. The breakfast bar was very good, with a large variety of things to eat. It was not your standard continental breakfast, it was much better. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area. Thank you Quality Inn for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lisa C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing us for your stay while in the area. We are pleased to have the opportunity to serve you and your Mother's rooming needs. Feedback is very important to us and we are thankful you took the time to give a review for our hotel. We will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area. My staff and I wish you and your family a Happy Holiday and safe travels!
Northeast Alabama
Reviewed October 27, 2013

family trip to visit relatives .breakfast was great we had a variety of foods each day .the cost was reasonable the beds were comfortable and room was cleaned daily. the employees were tops.we would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling. we are senior citizen .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lisa C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
It was a pleasure for myself and hotel staff to assist you during your stay. We are so thankful you took the time to receognize our hotel and do a review. Your feedback is always important and keeps us motivated. We look forward to srving you in the furure.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My stay at this Quality Inn & Suites was a quick overnight one, and I found it to be one of the nicest Quality Inns I've visited. The outside is well kept, and the lobby is attractive and welcoming. The location is a bit out of the way, with nowhere to eat within immediate walking distance.

The hotel has a unique layout with two sections. Behind the main lobby is a two story "motor inn" section, and behind that is a "newer-style" three story section with its own sitting area with TV. My room was 258, which is in the very back of the "new" section, farthest away from the lobby. It was quite a hike from my room to the main lobby, but it should be noted that the second floor of the "motor inn" section does have a central interior hallway, so you don't have to go outside to get to the front desk or breakfast room if you're in the new section in the back. The first floor rooms in the "motor inn" wing do have outside entrances if you like the convenience of loading things directly from your car into you room. The best of both worlds, you could say.

Room 258 was a very spacious king bed room, with plenty of extra space. The design was just a bit more modern and upscale than at other Quality Inns, and aside from a few scratches on the desk and some small rips in the leather office chair, everything was very clean and very well kept. I think they've finished updating all their TV's to new flat-screen units, as I asked about it before my stay. I also had a microwave and refrigerator in my room despite not requesting one. The bed was a bit softer than beds at other hotels I've stayed at, but that's actually what I prefer. Plenty of hot water for the shower. Wi-fi worked fast and flawlessly. And it's the little extras I noticed - a bathroom with a powerful fan for one, and a coffeemaker with an actual glass coffee pot instead of the single-cup unit that seems to be so popular in most other places nowadays. My room was very quiet, being the one farthest away from US 74/Indepedence Blvd. All in all, a very relaxing, comfortable stay.

The hotel offered a pretty good selection of breakfast items - eggs, sausage gravy, waffles, along with the usual cereals, pastries, and fruit. I didn't get to sample any of the hot items - I would have preferred sausage patties or bacon to the gravy, due to allergies - but everything looked nice and tasty.

Tiffany checked me in and out, and both times she was very friendly and pleasant. The gentleman who worked the evening shift gave me a good recommendation for a restaurant that delivered to the hotel (Athens Pizza) and they in fact were able to deliver right to my room (instead of me needing to make the hike to the lobby to get my food) which was appreciated. The overall impression I got was that the employees here really do value their guests and do whatever they can to make them feel welcome.

I paid just over $70 for my stay, which was a great bargain in my book. Another thing of note: Because the hotel is located just over the Union County line, you pay much less in sales tax than you would for a hotel located in Mecklenburg County - only 6% tax here.

I'm usually pretty satisfied with Quality Inns. But the Quality Inn & Suites in Matthews is a cut above. Management is doing a pretty good job of keeping on top of things like maintenance and cleaning, and the staff is equally accommodating. The next time I need to make a trip out to Matthews, I won't consider staying anywhere but the Quality Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: Higher numbered rooms are back from the road and lobby in the new section - quieter but a longer wal...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Lisa C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed and honest review for our hotel. It was a joy to have you and your daughter stay with us. We also appreciate the wonderful comments and photographs you placed on our facebook. We take our reviews very seriously and use your feedback as a guide for improvements. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Matthews NC. Hope you had a fun and safe trip home.
Georgia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is an absolutely wonderful place to stay! I have never been disappointed with the room, the staff, the breakfast, the appearance! I have no complaints!!! Would definitely stay here again! The breakfast area is so neat and clean and the food is great. The staff are so helpful and you don't get an attitude when you ask a question! The lobby is inviting and tastefully decorated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank DeborahinGA
Lisa C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am so eager to share your review with my dedicated staff! As a senior contributor for trip advisor I know you stay at a lot of hotels, and to be chosen as one of your favorites is an honor. Your review is very detailed and accurate, and we thank you for investing time in allowing others to know what a great experience you have as a repeat guest. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
South Carolina
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We loved visiting this hotel, it was clean and the staff was very nice! The breakfast was good too! I liked the idea that I was in a place where I had never visited before, and felt safe. There are locked doors to every entrance, only guest with keys may enter, this would be a place I would stay again if I had to alone and feel safe doing it. We will visit again

Room Tip: if you want a room that has a fridge & micro, you must request it. Not all rooms have it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We pride ourselves on keeping our hotel clean, safe and quite. We are so pleased you noticed our efforts and thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel with others. We are pleased to hear you will return to our hotel, and can not wait to welcome you back as our guest. Thank you again, and safe travels!
Leland, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We visited the hotel for the antique car show and car swap. Stopped in without calling ahead and got three rooms. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The bed was very soft not hard like some places, the pillows could have been a little bigger. The shower head and water pressure was great. The only thing they needed was a smoking area outside and to let there guest know where it is. I am a smoker and have no problem going outside for this but, a designated area for this would have been nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Erica C
Lisa C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel. We look forward to having you visit again. I apologize that you were not informed of our desiginated smoking area, as we do have one availbale. I have shared this with my staff and we will make improvements to properly inform each guest. Reviews are so improtant, not only when chosing a hotel, but in allowing us to see where we need to make changes. We can't wait to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte or the Matthews NC area.

Kindest Regards