“This is a highly recommended hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
“This is a highly recommended hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Best experience ever from the hotel. The staff was excellant. The staff went out of their way to make sure everything was taken care of. I will definately be staying here again as well as i highly recommend staying at this hotel. Very clean very comfortable and very nice.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Matthewslater
CMichaelYates, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review. It is reviews like yours that keeps our staff dedicated and on top of our game to bring you the best in quality and affordability. We can not wait to serve you again and welcome you as a repeat guest in our hotel.

Lisa Y Cline
Quality Inn and Suites
Matthews NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was well maintained with clean rooms however the entire first floor was filled with construction crews whose equipment took up half the parking spaces. The construction crews would leave a room card sitting on top of the card reader at the building entrance which bypassed the hotels intent to control access to the building. In addition I had to walk around three people smoking dope outside one of the building entrances.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CMichaelYates, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
First, we would like to begin by thanking you for your review of the property. Our Staff takes great pride in the maintenance and cleanliness of our accommodations. It is our goal to provide you with a value based experience while visiting with us and we work towards achieving that with every guest. Also, we would like to thank you again for bringing any deficiencies in security to our attention so that we can address this with our staff and other guests to establish a president for the future safety of all our visitors. We do continue to have a positive relationship with our local police agency to quell any illegal activities from occurring on our property and they have an open invitation with them to stop in and have a look around. Any activities that are observed by our staff or guests is immediately reported so that it can be dealt with in a timely manner. We welcome any guest to report to our staff anything out of the ordinary so that we can resolve the situation for you. We appreciate your candor and we would like to invite you back anytime so that we can provide you with the level of guest services that makes us a stand-out among the rest.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is an odd hotel. You can tell the lobby has been recently renovated and has a nice appearance. The front part of the hotel is more like motel than a hotel and then there is a second lobby (without staff) where you get to the newer part of the hotel. This section appears to be a bit nicer. Getting to breakfast though we had to leave our section and walk outside in front of peoples rooms to get to the main lobby. The staff was not unfriendly but not what I would consider friendly either. If I had a choice, I would not stay here again. Oh yeah the mattress was worn out! I completely sunk into the center of the bed and my back is killing me!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Josh L
Our property does fall into a unique category. We have the advantages of mostly interior rooms and a small number of exterior entrance rooms should there be a need for drive up availably. Within the last 3 years our property has had a complete renovation bringing our standards well above the expectations of many budget minded travelers. The second lobby that allows access to the upper floors also attaches to the main lobby via the second floor. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and have used your review in establishing a process of informing guests so that they are aware of interior access. Without the valuable feedback that we receive from reviewers like you we would not have the tools and information to fine tune our staff and services.

Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

In short, my wife and I were supposed to get accommodations with another Quality Inn in Charlotte, NC. while traveling from Virginia. At the last minute, the hotel backed out on their discount offer from our previous stay. That's when I called the Quality Inn & suites hotel and spoke with Mike, (the GM). Not only did he give us a great rate for two nights, he upgraded our room at no additional cost. Mind you, these are franchises. So while both hotels have the same name, they our operated under different management. I could spend time blogging about how the Charlotte, QI dropped the ball, but I'd much rather tell you how delightful our stay was in Matthews. Their staff was very friendly, the room as clean, the continental breakfast was a delight, and we would recommend Quality Inn & Suites of Matthews, NC to anyone who plans a trip to that area. Thank you Mike. Although I didn't get to shake your hand to thank you in person, you really displayed excellent customer service, and you are a gentleman & scholar. The staff were great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joneses1
CMichaelYates, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Early on in my hotel career I had a General Manager that impressed upon me one thing…daily. He would say “It doesn’t matter if you are staying in a $1000.00 a night full service resort or a $39.00 a night economy class hotel - Every guest expects a clean room, a TV, a phone, a bathroom, a good nights rest, and a decent breakfast. The ONLY thing that we sell is the service that we provide to everyone who walks through our doors.” I strive every day to impress this upon myself and our staff. Your wonderful comments regarding our staff and your experience with us is a handshake, and a pat on the back; Not just to me but to everyone at our property. The ultimate goal is to have every guest feel like they are a welcome visitor and to have them return to us when traveling in the area. I will be posting your comments for the staff to see…and maybe my new daily impression will be “ With every guest we need to keep up with the Joneses.”

Carthage
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is clean and well kept. The breakfast bar is well stocked with something to please everyone. We have stayed here in the past and we plan on staying here again. Very good value for your money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CMichaelYates, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Quality and Value go hand in hand when providing great customer service. At the Quality Inn & Suites of Matthews, NC we look to our guest reviews to gage the value of your experience while visiting at our property. How can we mark our scorecard? “Breakfast Bar Well Stocked . . . Something to Please Everyone . . . Stayed in the Past and Plan on Staying Again.” We would say that’s three for three. Our service industry commitment from staff and management strives to provide a product that is a “Very Good Value for Your Money”; especially when traveling with family. Thank you for the high marks on this visit and we will work to continue to provide you clean & well kept accommodations for your future stays.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I reserved this hotel for my youth sports team. The rooms looked to be newly renovated. We had no trouble with the reservation the staff was EXTRA friendly and they even had welcome cards on our beds!! I will def. refer this hotel to my friends and other sports teams when we are in the area. Love love loved this hotel!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CMichaelYates, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Sports season is in full swing here at the Quality Inn & Suites of Matthews, NC. We host many groups and teams throughout the year and it is our goal to make sure that ever team we host knows we support them and encourage them all the way to victory. Down home southern charm, and yes… an EXTRA friendly staff that is dedicated to guest satisfaction; that’s the way we see our team. We love having your business and your endorsement speaks volumes.

Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel may not be part of an upscale chain, but if I ever find myself in Matthews, NC again, I'll most definitely stay here! When I checked in, the night manager was extremely friendly and helpful. I saw another guest become frustrated when the night manager was unable to locate his reservation--turns out his company made his reservation under a supervisor's name--and despite the man's temper, the night manager never once anything other than friendly and professional. When I notified the manager that my room had not been serviced by housekeeping and a previous guest's things were still in the room, he promptly gave me another room with a smile. The second room was very tidy and very clean with no issues, and, when I got my receipt in the morning, my balance had been zeroed out! My room did not have a microfridge and the TV was an older CRT television, but the room does come with other standard amenities such as a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, and a balcony, though the view isn't much to speak of. The hotel does offer a fitness center, coin laundry, free WiFi, and a breakfast bar with waffles, sausage, eggs, biscuits, muffins, yogurt, juice, and cereal. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the hotel was given the city in which it was located. I definitely would recommend that anyone with business in Matthews, NC stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Our “Family” of staff and management works to provide every guest a quality product, above and beyond your expectations. That is what makes us stand out in our brand and in the local area. Daily we have guests that take a special moment to tell us that our facility and staff are beyond what they have experienced with other hotels. Thank you for letting us know where we can improve and where we excel. In our attempt to provide every guest with a rapid check in and personal service there can be bumps in the road, but we strive to insure that the one rare mishap is resolved and that you, our guest, feels we have done everything to make your stay enjoyable. We are currently undergoing a major project in replacing the TV’s in the rooms with flat panels throughout and we also have micro/fridge rooms available upon request. Come back and see our improvements and as always enjoy our many amenities that come standard with your visit, our friendly/professional service, and the amazing hot breakfast buffet…ps: the pool’s open.