Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Matthews
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The staff are very helpful and the rooms are clean and nice. My company currently stays at this hotel and they accomidate our every need. Paige has been a great help to our company with all the rooms we need. Great customer service at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Stephanie F
CMichaelYates, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Corporate guests are one of our main cornerstones in repeat business. With so many lodging options available today it is an honor that you have chosen our property to accommodate yourself and your associates in our area. Throughout our industry the business traveler spends the most time in lodging facilities and knows what is offered in the market. Establishing company relationships and fulfilling your requests with an emphasis on customer service is what keeps you coming back and choosing a memorable stay in the best way.

W : 704-821-9800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Everytime one of our customers stay there they have very good things to say about the rooms, the service everybody is very curtious and friendly, as for my experience with the corportate office is excellent, I have communicated with Paige Welch the president of the sales office which has always responded to our corporate needs in a promptly and cordial manner, We have done business meetings in this location and have had very good experience....would recommend it to any business owner that wants the best service for themselves and for their customers and for all the hotel business needs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandra L
KUDOS Mrs. Welch and the amazing team in the hotel sales office! We can’t say this enough. Communication, Response Time, Experience and Recommendation are key factors in the ongoing success of our property and it is in no small way attributed to our great staff. Whether on business or just visiting the Charlotte/Matthews area - Providing you and your associates with the best guest experience and excellent customer service is a “Quality” that we all look for when filling our lodging needs. Thank you continued support of our facility and we hope that you continue to find us a step above the rest!

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Recently stayed at this property during aau basketball tournament. It was listed as one of the host hotels for the event. This property was not kid friendly at all. Tv's were outdated and not equipped to connect a game system to entertain the kids. Also the pool was small and could only accomodate about 8 people at a time. There was no form of entertaiment or any type of lounge area. The breakfast was repetetive every morning and the staff very rude to the children while there. As a group that travels and stays at alot of different properties we will never frequent this site again, and also recommending to the aau organization that when a property is listed as a host hotel PLEASE make sure that it is kid friendly and tolerate of accomdating the types of groups that will be staying there.

Room Tip: small pool no microwave or refrigerator in all rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
As a long time host hotel for AAU and many various other sporting, academic, artistic, and cultural events, it is imperative that our staff be aware of local activities and entertainment resources in the local area so that they are a great touchstone for you while staying with us. Although we do not provide a “guest lounge”, both of our newly appointed lobbies are available for guest use and our staff is knowledgeable of local resources for short/extended stay groups. Within our immediate area there is a NEW 14 Screen Movie Theatre, Bowling Alley, Skating Center, Laser Tag Arena…Etc. Dining is abundant including a recently opened Red Lobster, Bonfire Grill, and numerous chain and independent local favorites. Within the Greater Charlotte Metro Area there are numerous Malls, Parks, Museums, and Attractions available to your facilitators and most offer free admission or reduced pricing for groups as well. While on site, coaches and chaperones are the main points of contact for our groups should issues arise. We provide all teams not only with our standard Code of Conduct but also a Coaches Agreement that the information is covered with all group members before arrival at the property. While there is always an impact during a group event we rely on coaches and chaperones to maintain supervision of the members of their teams and address concerns in a timely manner as they arise. The Safety, Security, and Comfort of ALL our guests, whether associated with a group or other guests that are visiting the property during a group event is our ultimate goal.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago. The rooms were VERY nice and VERY clean. It was a very pleasant stay. My great stay at Quality Inn and Suites was greatly influenced by the wonderful staff. Leatha and Patrick were very helpful and nice with any concerns, questions I had.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
CMichaelYates, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
What is in a name? A Lot! When our guests choose to recognize our staff by name it makes a difference in the way we do business overall. We are proud to offer any assistance you need while at the property and recommend local attractions / restaurants. Answering your questions and addressing your concerns are our goals. A great stay for every visitor is the influence we hope to have when you choose the Gold Award Winning Quality Inn & Suites of Matthews, NC.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed 2 nights, very clean, friendly, helpful staff... they definitely need to upgrade their pillows, they are small and square... also need to upgrade the towels very thin and rough. Other than that excellent value.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank blaze126
Sometimes short and sweet is great! Even on your short stays we like to make a great impression. Don’t worry…upgrades are on the way. Although we have recently completed a complete renovation, programs are rolling out this year with the Q Bed, Q Shower, Q Service and Q Breakfast coming into play over the next few months. We appreciate your input and we look forward to showing you our Value Q’s program improvements in the future.

Dunfermline, Scotland
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights over Memorial Day weekend. Place was busy, but not noisy. Room perfectly adequate, with a decent sized bed and everything nice & clean. Pool small, but very refreshing to cool off in on a hot day - glad that we had the option. The free breakfast was perfectly adequate, with no need to buy anything elsewhere. The place served its purpose, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bikeeandy
CMichaelYates, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Guests like you are also “Just what we need”. Even during our busy times we look forward to impressing upon ever guest how important they are to our success. With amenities including a saltwater pool & free hot items breakfast bar included in your visit we hope that you will find our services just what you need as well. With easy availability to the Greater Charlotte/Matthews area and an attentive staff we are looking to provide “Quality” at a value price. Thank you for spending your holiday with us; and remember the summer is only going to get hotter and the pool is always refreshing!

Hickory, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I made reservations three days in advance received my confirmation and the price for my total stay VIA email. Upon checking in I was giving a higher price to pay I should the desk clerk my email with the price I was giving and they told me I would have to talk to the manger the next morning he (Michael Yates) would be in 9:00am so at 1030am I go to the desk and ask for the manger then I was told he was off that weekend. And they took my number and said they would have him to call me two days later upon my check out I ask again to talk to the manger and they said he still wasn't in. And they would have him to me Monday. Well its now Tuesday afternoon and I still haven't heard anything from this manger. I would not advise anyone to stay here. I won't again I give this manger every opportunity to call and explain to me why I had to pay a different price then what I was quoted and he did not have enough respect to call.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CMichaelYates, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
I would personally like to take this opportunity to apologize for not meeting your expectations while staying with us on this visit. It is mine and my staff’s policy to always reply to any guest; especially guests who have a less than wonderful experience while at our property and somewhere along the lines of communication the ball was dropped. I have taken this as a personal learning experience and shared your review with my staff as an example why communication here on site is so vital to the success of our business and the satisfaction of all our guests. In regards to the difference in price; there are many variables such as contracted rates through group accommodations, prearranged negotiated rates through venues that utilize our facility for lodging, seasonal and event rate differences, and many others to consider. We believe you deserve the answers that would have you continue to choose us in the future and I invite you to contact me directly at the information provided below so that we can open a dialogue about this matter and come to a resolution that will give you satisfaction with our property. Again, I would like to say that we are sorry and we invite you back to see how your review has impacted our communication and guest services here at the property.