“Made some memories”

French Broad Adventures
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Marshall
More attraction details
Owner description: French Broad Rafting and Ziplines is only 24 Miles from Asheville (NC) North Carolina. FBRZ is the closest Asheville zipline /canopy tour and rafting package to Asheville, Johnson City and Greenville SC. The French Broad River is the closest whitewater rafting to Asheville NC. Whether it's the adventure and excitement of whitewater rafting or the ease and relaxation of a calm water trip, you are looking for, French Broad Rafting and Ziplines is the adventure outfitter for you, your family, or your group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Had a wonderful time. All the staff were friendly as can be (funny & you can tell they enjoyed their jobs). My friend & I got away from the chaos of husbands, children & work at home & celebrated our birthdays by doing this. Was a great choice! These people are awesome, and make the trip so enjoyable. I felt safe & was thrilled all at the same time. Very knowledgeable & helpful. Would definitely recommend this trip. Put it on your "bucket list" of things you must do in your lifetime!!

1  Thank JenMasucci

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Tom was a great guide! My first experience was at the USNWC, which is manmade with much bigger rapids. This was a lot calmer, but a great view! Will definitely do the 9-mile trip next time for bigger rapids.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was part of a group of folks from Big Brothers Big Sisters who took advantage of a great offer by this company. They treated us so well, and the kids really loved it. Special thanks go to Shawn for his great sense of humor and Molly, our river guide. These folks care, and I would recommend them to anyone wanting a fun, safe, outdoor adventure on the water.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

You'll have to forgive me for not writing a review sooner because I can't for the life of me remember our guide's name (long blonde hair and only about 5'4") but what an awesome time! My wife, daughter and her friend and I took the float trip from their station in Marshall and truly enjoyed it. Our guide was laid back, very conscious of my wife's fears and by the time we finished we were ready for class IV experiences.

A word of advice though; even in August that water is very cold at 10am. Wait for the afternoon trips and the water will warm up a bit. I was the first one to jump into the water when our guide said we had time to float with our PFD's and I gotta tell 'ya it took my breath away.

Remember to tip your guide when you're done. They mostly make their rent money from the tips, and after our trip, I made sure he was tipped well. It was funny though when we went downtown to get some pizza and he walked in to pick up his pizza. He flat-out told us that our tip helped him to buy lunch.

We'll be back FBR!!

1  Thank vwbeetle72jellybeen
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I did class 1 to 3 white water rafting at French Broad on September 2. Was an awesome time. Mike was our guide. What a character and loads of fun! Was safe, informative and very enjoyable. Would highly recommend it. Not a lot of fancy stuff. Just down to earth good people doing everything they can to help you have a safe and thrilling experience. If you are lucky Mike will tell you some of his rafting jokes and its free. Only refer was not doing the all day rafting with class 4 experience. Definitely recommend. Fred & Ruth.