“White Water rafting on the French Broad”

French Broad Adventures
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Marshall
More attraction details
Owner description: French Broad Rafting and Ziplines is only 24 Miles from Asheville (NC) North Carolina. FBRZ is the closest Asheville zipline /canopy tour and rafting package to Asheville, Johnson City and Greenville SC. The French Broad River is the closest whitewater rafting to Asheville NC. Whether it's the adventure and excitement of whitewater rafting or the ease and relaxation of a calm water trip, you are looking for, French Broad Rafting and Ziplines is the adventure outfitter for you, your family, or your group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“White Water rafting on the French Broad”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Labor day weekend 2012. The French Broad river was high for this time of year and our rafting guide Cory did a great job navigating the river. Not only did she get us safely through some difficult rapids but she had all the information and history of the river. Her introduction, safety talk and ride back to base was very entertaining. When we are back in the area we will definately look up French Broad Rafting Expeditions Co again!. This was a 5 star trip!

Jacksonville, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Sweet!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My fiancee and I had a great time. Our guide Tim was a pro. This was our first time on the French Broad River. The water was surprising warm for September. I would definitely do this river again.

Brooklyn Park
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good Fun!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Organized, well equipped, great guides! It was a spur of the moment decision to go rafting, and we were all very glad we did.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun trip! Will do again with FBRE”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

First off, you should always ask
Questions before you do something like rafting. I called and asked about the water level, how rough it was, etc and was given honest answers. The French Broad is great for those looking to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery with those who live and breath it every day.

We called their competition,NOC- which I used before, and were told we couldn't book as they wouldnt take 2 people out on a raft- they wanted more. So, we called FBRE- booked and guess what? We went out alone with the guide, and it was great! All of the guides went down with were great. We personally had Cory, and she was awesome! Cory's been a guide for many years, so we lucked out. She was informative and really knows people as well. She didn't bore us with Corny stuff- she allowed us to enjoy what we came to do- the scenery and get out of the city life for the day. Yes- it wasn't wild, but I knew it wouldn't be.

We had a nice snack along the way, but we would suggest the lunch. It adds to the rafting experience and commrodery. it was a quick bus ride to the water with funny jokes, and the photographer (daughter of the owner) was great and took wonderful pics. I would suggest buying the disk at the end as you can get those kind of pictures with your camera and the fee wasn't bad- $40.

If you go with NOC or someone else, you will get a commercial experience. I am glad I went with FBRE as they are more family- like visiting your relatives- they make you feel at home and their experience and love for what they do shows!

Great times and we will be back as we very much needed this. :)

Dallas, Texas, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing! Definitely worth the trip!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My very first rafting experience was a success thanks to FBRE! My group and I all had tons of fun. We loved our guide Marty- she was funny and made the trip fun and exciting. The entire staff was more than accommodating and courteous.