“Fun Filled Adventure”
Review of USA Raft

USA Raft
Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Marshall
More attraction details
Owner description: USA Raft on the Nolichucky and French Broad Rivers. We offer mild to wild whitewater rafting on the Nolichucky, Watauga and French Broad Rivers. We have a beautiful, rustic river-side bunkhouse that sleeps up to 50.Campground next door. We offer full day trips with lunch and half day excursions. Trips start at $40.We also offer wild cave tours. Prepare to get muddy and have some fun underground. Very popular with youth and outdoor groups.
Bethesda, Maryland
“Fun Filled Adventure”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

5 of us from 7 to 78 thoroughly enjoyed the scenic and thrilling trip. It was a new experience for 4 of us and all will return again when in the area. The guide, Spencer, was stupendous, with his vast knowledge and marvelous sense of humor. A most worthwhile trip in all respects.

Visited June 2013

Summerville, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“These guys deserve more Kudos!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Took the full day trip with lunch with my 8yo boy. I liked the 11am start time as it gave us time to eat breakfast, checkout of our hotel and drive without feeling rushed. It was about a 45 min drive from where we were staying in Asheville.
Spencer was one of the guides and was very polite, courteous and professional. Went over every safety aspect of our trip and he answered all questions. He covered all little details from how to fit your gear to big things like what to do if you fall out. I watched as he checked off all the info he had to cover and felt reassured.
Tim was our raft guide. He was top rate. Not only for this trip, but thinking about all other experiences where we have required a guide...he is right at the top. Polite, professional, knowledgeable, easy going and a good sense of humor. He made our raft feel at ease, pumped us with knowledge, kept us entertained and most important kept us safe.
The trip was excellent. The river was flowing pretty fast (close to 6000 cfs) which made the trip a little faster, but maybe a little more exciting! Stopped a long a bank for lunch (they don't have a dedicated covered shelter as other companies). Lunch was good (fried chicken and fixings). After lunch it was off to the bigger rapids. We were out of water by 3:30 and back and cleaned up by 4:00. Which was perfect for me as I had a 4hr trip home. If you want a longer trip, pick a day where the water is flowing slower. For me it worked out great time-wise.
One thing I'd like to see is the guest facilities (changing room/bathroom) upgraded/cleaner. But those are things the management needs to correct and don't reflect or detract the the great job the crew is doing running the place. That being said, I would have no hesitation going back. Me and my little boy had a great father and son day on the river thanks to USA Raft.

1 Thank DannyGU
“Great fun for all”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our guide, Walker, was excellent. Laid back and funny but safe. The river was unusually high which made for some great rafting!

Visited August 2013
“Great trip, great guide”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The 1/2 day rafting trip was a blast. Great rapids and our guide, duck, was funny and really knew how to guide the boat. Fun trip all around.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Perfect Adventure!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took the 1/2 Day trip on the French Broad- it was his first time rafting, my 4th- and this trip exceeded both out expectations! Beautiful scenery and route, exciting rapids, and even better guides. We had a smaller group with Duck (the guide) and had a blast. Great knowledge and humor, def. made the trip! Spencer (the other boat's guide) was also wonderful and added to our experience. I would highly recommend this group of fun, laid back rafters!