Review Highlights
The Best White Water Guides are at Blue Heron Whitewater!!!!

My wife and I joined another couple on a crisp October morning to go white water rafting. Our guide... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
riklin52
Boca Raton, Florida
Awesome

Doug is got to be one of the best guides on a tour of the river . He made our wife’s feel at ease... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2018
Mike P
via mobile

All reviews half day trip the french broad river rafting trip white water rafting great trip oreos water shoes changing rooms and showers felt completely safe class rapids family reunion great guide small cliff great pictures hummus wet clothes a lot of fun
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Sandy was a great river guide. Had a great time rafting through the river and enjoying the rapids and scenery. A must do adventure for anyone

Date of experience: October 2017
BlueHeronWhitewater, Owner at Blue Heron Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Thanks for coming with us. Glad you had a good time and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

First, we were thrilled that Blue Heron offered trips on a day when the other outfits were closed. So, major kudos on that! It's obviously a well-run organization -- they're on-time, safety is important, communication is great, etc. I also appreciated how they offer last-minute necessities for a low price (e.g. shoes, straps for sunglasses, etc.). Ultimately, the quality of a whitewater trip hinges mostly on the people. Laura was a fantastic overall leader -- great instruction, fun storytelling, etc. The only reason I held back a 5-star was our actual boat guide. He met expectations -- he paddled well, he kept us safe, etc. He just didn't "wow" like the reviews indicate for the other guides, including Laura. He lacked energy, enthusiasm, and great storytelling. I researched the companies pretty well, and I think that we just fell into one of the exceptions. Blue Heron is a great company.

Date of experience: October 2017
BlueHeronWhitewater, Owner at Blue Heron Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Hi and thanks for your feedback. Glad you had a good trip overall, and sorry you were somewhat disappointed with the guide in your raft. We feel like sharing the history of the area, the plants, the animals, the geology, the ideas and theories behind understanding moving water, and more, are all part of the whitewater rafting experience with Blue Heron. Sharing our knowledge and experience about these subjects is something we enjoy and is emphasized when hiring and training new guides.
We will certainly use your comments as a reminder to everybody at Blue Heron that enthusiasm and sharing what we know of local of local history and our river experience is important to our guests,

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Today my husband and I did a half day whitewater trip with Jordan who proved to be a top notch guide. It was my 1st time and even though I was a little apprehensive, Jordan's expertise made me feel comfortable! I would highly recommend Blue Heron Whitewater! I may even try the full day next.

Date of experience: September 2017
BlueHeronWhitewater, Owner at Blue Heron Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2017

Great! Glad you had a good trip. The full day trip is even better. The more time on the river the better if you ask us. Thanks again for rafting with us and I'll pass your comments along to Jordan. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

6 women ages 64 and 65 rafted with Alexis on 28AUG2017. She was superb! We laughed, we paddled, and we had a grand time! We were all first time river rafters and Alexis (and the entire staff) did a great job. Would highly recommend! Thanks!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 30, 2017

We had a group of 13 enjoy rafting and kayaking on the French Broad.  All loved it!  Four did the calm run which was very scenic and peaceful.  Our guide (so sorry, can't remember her name) was friendly and very knowledgeable about the area and history of the river.  Three did the inflatable kayaks and the others did the white water run.  It was a little calm for some of the more adventurous folks but all had a great time.  They stopped at a place where they could jump off a cliff into the river. The office staff and guides were friendly.  The facilities were clean and even had a nice gift shop.  Had an option to purchase pics at the end.  The only minor hitch was they were a little unorganized getting everyone signed in, so arrive early.  Overall, I highly recommend Blue Heron!

Date of experience: August 2017