“Great customer service!!!”

Comfort Inn Mars Hills
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mars Hill
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed here to visit my son close by. The staff was very helpfull. Was not feeling very well one morning and Becky G, helped us bring food back to the room it was nice to have "breakfast in bed" .... Nathan (?) was also a big help. The breakfast had fresh fruit and plenty of other food, nice selection. Rooms were clean and cozy! Also a nice TV.... Could not have asked for better service. Will be staying here next time. For others who want to see Asheville this is a great place to stay close to the city with out the city price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Vinod P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Mars Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us such positive feedback and complimenting our staff. We work hard at this property to strive for excellence in customer service. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you really soon!!!!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Mars Hills

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this Comfort Inn on short notice when traveling back home to visit friends over Thanksgiving. Despite it being a holiday weekend and me only needing a 'quickie' one night reservation to bridge the gap when all beds (and the floor!) at my friends house was full, I had no problem booking the room online at a competitive rate for one night only hours before check-in time.

This was a quick and simple stay for me but I will have to say that all aspects of my visit were very good to excellent. Robb assisted with me checking in and was helpful with the few extra requests I had. I found my room to be exceptionally clean--especially the bathroom, which is a huge OCD hurdle for me when staying overnight while on the road! The beds were comfortable--the TV had more stations and was larger/better picture than I have at home--the vending on-site was reasonably priced and there are several stores nearby if you need to pick up any extras--and while the included breakfast was 'typical' hotel buffet variety I would have to say the quality/freshness of the food was much better than average hotel buffet fare. Checkout was quick and easy.

If I needed another quick overnight room or were planning to stay an extended time in the Mars Hill area (heck, it's even a nice easy drive from Asheville and a LOT prettier and less expensive here) I would definitely stay with the good folks at the Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Vinod P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Mars Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff here at the comfortinn Mars Hill,North Carolina. your words are much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

While searching for a place to stay for our trip to Asheville NC, we found out that the hotels in downtown Asheville were priced very high. I looked all around to find a decent place that was affordable. The thing that drew me to this hotel was the fact that it was on top of a hill and being that we were visting the mountains, that sounded perfect.

Although it is about 15 minutes away from the downtown area, the drive wasn't too bad. It is an older hotel, but the rooms have been redone and they were actually very nice. For how old it was, the room seemed very modern with the accent wall, headboard and flat screen. It was a plus that we had a refrigerator and microwave inside the credenza.

Eventhough you pass what seemed to be an old trucker station to get to the hote, the view from our window was amazing. I have posted a photo. The hills and mountains with the fall colors were gorgeous.

The staff was very friendly, answered all of our questions and granted every request we had. The free breakfast wasn't too bad either, although it became a little crowded closer to the ending time.

I also saw that it was pet friendly and if we ever decide to take our dogs on a vacation, we would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

We are always glad to hear from our guests and are pleased our hotel the Comfort inn Mars Hill met all your needs. We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I tried making a reservation with them with my CLC Lodging membership and Matt and the girl working with him had every reason in the book why they had the right to violate the contract that they have with CLC. It is my impression that this Comfort Inn does not need CLC to fill rooms in the down season. It is also very apparent that management has encouraged an arrogant, condescending tone with their front desk staff and their customer service. I have never stayed at this location and with this short conversation with these two front desk attendants I never will. Whatever happened to attending to customers with kindness and a smile, not a the condescending tone that Matt had when I asked to cancel my reservation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank S T

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with reservation desk, I will follow up with the reservation desk. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Found it late at night, They could not have been more welcoming and very helpful, sent us to a fantastic restaurant El Dorado latin grill, where we have the best meal in the USA. The view in the morning from our bedroom window was fantastic and the outside lift was interesting. In the morning they could not have been more helpful finding us other very good hotels at very good rates for our trip and booking us in them, esp. as we were from England and did not have a USA mobile phone or Internet. Beautiful area.

1  Thank jerry888888
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I haven't been to Mars Hill Homecoming in several years. I am so glad that we didn't have to stay in Asheville and commute back and forth while we were there. We were able to enjoy the trip so much better being so close to the campus. The staff were very helpful during our stay, making sure we had everything we needed. The complimentary breakfast was very satisfying and added to our experience. Thanks to the manager and the staff for a great stay.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My granddaughter attends Mars Hill College and we have been staying at the Comfort Inn near campus for 2-1/2 years. We have been privileged to be guests with Mr. and Mrs. Patel on many, many visits. They and their staff always see to it that guests are treated like family and they definitely deserve an excellent rating and I highly recommend this Comfort Inn whenever you are in the area. Note: Pets are welcome too! We always bring our Yorki, Rosko!

JW, Loganville, GA

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mars Hill
Mountain Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Sleep Inn West
Sleep Inn West
#16 of 66 in Asheville
Best Western Asheville Tunnel Road
Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East

Been to Comfort Inn Mars Hills? Share your experiences!