“LOVE IT!!!”

Bruce's Fabulous Foods
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Old Fort, North Carolina, United States
“LOVE IT!!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Best place to eat in McDowell County, The food and service are above and beyond great. And the Cheesecake stands on its on. (try the snicker duddle if its on the menu)

• Visited April 2013

North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“The name says it all - FABULOUS”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Myself with three other collegues had lunch at Bruce's Fabulous Foods today (5-14-13). We had a limited lunchtime due to our meeting in the area. When we arrived every table in the place was taken- it is a small restaurant, but you could tell the folks enjoyed eating at this restuarant. We noticed empty seats at the bar - we choose those. Best place in the house! Right in front of the grill and plating station. We could speak with the 2 chefs and learn what each item was they were preparing. The chef's worked great together and prepared food quickly and deliciously. We were served in no time. The owner and his wife were busy busy constantly, and talking to their customers as they seemed to know them well. The portion sizes - oh my you definately get your money's worth. Everyone is friendly. The food delicious - and did I mention they have 101 different flavors of cheese cake - and yes they make their own cheese cake - try the Key Lime Pie - wonderful! Three of us tried the chicken salad in the pita - it was great - the other had the club sandwich - very good. Even when they plate the food it looks like a work of art rather than just throwing it on the plate - it's arranged very neatly. Their food also isn't what you would expect in a small rural town in NC mountains either. It's home cooked with a flare for sure! This is definately a must try out restaurant if you are ever in Marion NC - check for their times they are open - I know lunch is until 3pm and seems like the Dinner hours are on Thursday to Saturdays only - I could be mistaken.

• Visited May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had lunch at Bruce's and absolutely loved it. Bruce suggested the Brucester which is a cheeseburger with carmelized onions and house-made pimento cheese. Delicious! For my side I had red skin potato salad which had a very nice curry spice. For dessert I choose banana pudding cheesecake. Absolutely incredible. Can't wait to eat at Bruce's again.

Visited April 2013
NC
“Local but I still love it”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Don't ever doubt that the name doesn't fit - Bruce couldn't have come up with a better name because his food is "fabulous". Never had anything there that I didn't like & he sometimes comes up with some unusual combinations - but they work! My favorite lunch item is the spinach melt, but his chicken salad & quiche is also fab. And the cheesecake.....................everything from New York style to Chunky Monkey! Well worth the drive - come on down!

• Visited October 2012
Knightdale, North Carolina
“A gem of a restaurant!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were passing thru Marion and wasn't sure what to expect as far as food goes, but we found this place downtown and thought we would stop in. I prefer local places to fast food any day of the week. What amazing food and so creative! My husband ordered their cajun cheeseburger that had a kick to it, and I had the shrimp etouffe over rice with their vegetable of the day. The service was excellent too, very friendly place. This place was a treat! Don't forget to get a slice of their cheesecake. Many flavors to choose from, and oh so good! I don't think I will drive down 40 again without trying to time it so I can eat at Bruce's.

• Visited October 2012