“If you have a long time wait.”

Hook and Anchor Family Seafood
Ranked #20 of 74 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Asheville, North Carolina
“If you have a long time wait.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I and my husband was hungry and had decided to go to Hook and anchor the parking lot was full so that was a good idea that the place was a good place to eat this was on a Friday .We got seated and noticed the right of us was a church group ,however our side had only 8 people .There was 3 waitress taking care of this side .We sat and waited 30 minutes before getting something to drink and was fixing to walk out when the waitress who was standing and talking came and brought 4 hush puppies and ask if we wanted something to drink by this time we had decided we would get the perch and shrimp all you could eat .We waited 30 to 40 minutes before getting the food when it arrived my husband had 6 tiny shrimp and a baked potatoe and I had a very small piece of flounder the size of a kids hand and a bake potatoe .we said to the waitress we would have another serving of the flounder and shrimp she said the special only covers the white fish .The menue said special Wednesday thru Friday all you can eat of white fish ,flounder, shrimp this was a rip off as far as I could see not to mention false advertising the waitress just laughed and walked off but not before leaving a nice bill.We could have gotten faster service at Mcdonalds .The other side the church group had their set of waitress and looked like they were really happy ,I am sorry to say if I want seafood again I will drive to Asheville NC where they are happy to serve you .I will not eat at Hook and Anchors again its a waste of money and your time .I would advise anyone to go else where to eat .this place is awful.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Shirley P

Orange, Virginia
“Real honest to good southern style seafood”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

OK, it may not be near the ocean, but still they know how to cook up a good meal fried or broiled. Highly recommend anything on the menu. Prices are VERY reasonable.

Visited July 2013