“Worth the trip”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We decided to visit Linville Cavern after we left Grandfather Mountain. Took about 30 minutes to get there. We arrived around 415 and barely made it in time for the tour. Our guide was very good. He took the time to show us little things that weren't noticeable to the naked eye. The cavern was awesome with all of the different formations. When the guide told the grouo that we were over 2000 ft below sea level his eyes got really big. One of those moments you never forget. I highly recommend linville caverns as a must see if you're in the area.

4 Thank Russ92x

A TripAdvisor Member
“Was worth the visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit to Linville Caverns (last was in 2002). Got there at 415 and wad worried we were too late (closed at 430). They were very friendly and waited for us before they started the tour. Not sure about which guide the other reviewers had, but ours was great. Made sure he pointed out little things you couldnt see. The cavern was awesome. Was a little longer of a drive from grandfather mountain than I expected but was well worth it. I'd recommend that you stop by for a visit.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great sights, Poor guide.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my first cave tour. The cave itself and the history were great. I loved looking at everything and we were allowed to touch the walls in some parts. Very informative from what I could hear. We even saw a baby bat. The guide was a little bored. He seemed to go through the motions rather than being genuinely interested in the tour itself. Being born and raised in the South, I have a southern accent. Our guide, who spoke with a VERY thick Southern accent, was extremely hard for me to understand. He didn't enunciate any of his words and they all ran together. We also had a family on our tour that had a toddler. This is not any fault of the tour company, however, the family didn't reign in the child and allowed the child to talk over the guide and be extrememly disruptive. Overall, I enjoyed looking at everything. I wish I could have "heard" more but due to the yelling tyke and the bored, barely understandable guide, I felt like I missed a lot of the information.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Leroy1988
Raleigh
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Cool to visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was my first time in a cavern and it was impressive. Wear a hat or coat because you will get wet.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank schaf1283
Alpharetta
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Worth to see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

This attraction is not very popular, but it's worth visiting. The caverns are pretty impressive inside with lots of rock formations and different colors from the minerals. The guides explain everything as you go. Too bad there aren't a lot of bats living inside anymore. Anyway, if you are a tourist in Asheville area, go to the caverns!

Visited December 2013