“Class Trip several years back”
Review of Linville Caverns

Linville Caverns
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Marion
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I would go back to this cave in a minute. It was an enjoyable experience. I especially liked being totally in the dark for a few moments. Only in a cave can you really find a place with absolutely no light. Great natural wonder. Highly recommend you go and see this cave. Well worth the trip!

There are newer reviews for Linville Caverns

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Perfect when the weather is not so perfect outside, this attraction is relatively low priced. The tour was fairly short, only 30 minutes, but I did find it interesting and enjoyed the tour. Is it the best tour of a cavern I have ever been in, no, it is not spectacular and the guide was not always good about making sure everyone in the party showed what she was pointing out, but it was worth the time and money spent. If a visitor was not knowlegeable about caverns, they would leave knowing more. It was educational and for someone who had never seen one, it would be, on its own rights, marvelous.

1  Thank travelwriter52
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We visited the caverns in 1996 and I still tell stories about it today. The caverns are beautiful and large. Nicely guided with lots of information. I actually have recently looked into returning to see them again.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stopped here while traveling on the Blue Ridge Parkway. This was our third time visiting the caverns. The admission fee is reasonable and the guided tour is education. The caverns are beautiful inside. It is a wonderful family attraction.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

While this isn't the largest caverns we've visited they still amazed me. The water is so clear and pristine. There are trout inside the cavern which is my understanding was the way the caverns were originally discovered swimming into the mountain. Our tour guide was very informative and had a good sense of humor making the tour very enjoyable.