“Nothing special”

Dining options: Reservations
Destin, FL
“Nothing special”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

So we tried this place because of a recommendation. Menu looked good. Cute building but a little smelly-old, mildew smell. Anyway I ordered the shrimp and grits. Grits were horrible. Very bland. Just not good grits. Shrimp weren't bad, but nothing special. Just medium sized frozen shrimp sautéed in some butter. Bland but edible. Husband ordered a burger and it was fine (hard to mess up a burger). The baked potato casserole he ordered as his side was also very bland and tasteless. My side was the only truly good part of our meal - the tomato salad. I wish I had just ordered a double side of that as my meal. We tried the banana pudding for desert and it too was just okay. Edible but nothing I would order again. Overall I would certainly not recommend this restaurant as I can't imagine there is not a better place to eat in that town. If you do go-get the tomato salad. It is really good. But might be the only good thing there to eat.

Visited October 2013

“Great Food, Great people, Great atmosphere.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Heard about this quaint spot from a friend. They didn't steer us wrong. Very hospitable atmosphere, both the restaurant and the hosts. My husband had the filet mignon and I had the salmon, both outstanding. Would definitely recommend deviating from the Asheville tourist scene to this lovely spot. Great food, full bar, great atmosphere, good people....what else is there? All good. You should go!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Dummpp
Clemmons
“WONDERFUL!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

While visiting the area for a few days, we celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary by dining at Low Country for the first time. I cannot say enough about the food and service. I got the seared salmon, which was cooked to perfection. The sides were great and more than plentiful. My husband got the fried flounder and shrimp. He said the best he's had since living at the coast. The batter was very light and portions quite big. We were so impressed, we returned for our last night in the area. Everything was just as great as the first time.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sue1944
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“Slow service and average food”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stopped there on oiur recent trip and were less than impressed. Service was slow and less than friendly - probably since we were not one of the locals. My wife passed the kitchen on the way to the bathroom and saw the reason for the slow food production. There were three cooks working off one or two small tables.

Food was ok, not great. Veggies were not fresh but came straight from the can - ugh! Not a lot of choices in Marion but i'd recommend going elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013
Littleton, Massachusetts, United States
“Glad we stopped in”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This restaurant/bar was one of the best values of our vacation. The quality of the food is far beyond the price. The staff and owners are friendly as well as all the patrons we encountered at the bar. If/when we're ever anywhere near Marion, NC, we'll come back to Low Country Dining.

• Visited July 2013