“Best Food in McDowell Co.”
Review of Smokey Que's

Smokey Que's
Ranked #9 of 74 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Barbecue
Marion, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Food in McDowell Co.”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have been eating at Smokey Que's since they opened. They have the best ribs period. Everything is always wonderful and the owner is there with a smile. They have specials on Monday - Thursday and the prices are just great. BBQ, corn nuggets, cole slaw, fried squash, corn on the cob etc....makes me hungry just typing about all the wonderful food you can enjoy at Smokey Que's!!

• Visited November 2012

Marion, North Carolina
“Ate here once”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Something they used disagreed with me. Just me! Barbeque is not my favorite food anyway. My husband wanted to eat there.

• Visited December 2011
Brevard, North Carolina
“Best ribs I've had in a long time!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

While touring around the Asheville area we ended up hungry in Marion and thanks to Trip Advisor found this wonderful little roadside 'cue joint. My ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender, very fresh and tasty with a variety of sauces to choose from (we liked the sweet and hot the best). My husband had a pulled pork sandwich with fries. The service is friendly and efficient and the prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is typical barbecue style -- very casual. We love finding non-chain local places like Smokey Que's -- so if you're like us, when in Marion, NC, look for the giant smoking gun out front!

• Visited October 2012
Bostic, North Carolina, United States
“Great flavor”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The strong smokey flavor of this BBQ is just excellent..it is a little too finely chopped for my taste, and can be a little dry sometimes, but the sauce makes up for it..the dense rich smoke flavor of the meat mixing with the tangyness of the sauce..very very good..the prices aren't bad at all.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Matthew K
“Awesome BBQ, best ribs!!!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I love this place!! I live in Charlotte but have family in Marion. We make smokeys a priority!! Great BBQ and best ribs I have EVER had!! Corn nuggets are also a must. Good prices. Check weekly specials- Monday half rack ribs only 7.99. You won't be disappointed.

2 Thank Csnow759