“Awesome as usual”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Nebo, North Carolina
“Awesome as usual”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Made another visit to jalapeno's this month and i must say this is the second best meal i've had. I have been to many mexican restaurants in this town and out of this county. My wait here is a bit longer but it is well worth it. I would wait longer here because i know the quality is high. I wait less time at other mexican restaurants because the food is not as good as this so i would not tolerate a longer wait there.

• Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Eat here often. We eat in and also carryout lunch. Food is always fresh and taste grate best place in McDowell county.

1 Thank teresabp
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Wait was terrible”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I must be fair that the food is very good. But the service is horrible. My wife and I took two other adults and two children. We waited over one hour to receive our food. This is not good for anyone, but with children it is horrible. The server didn't much care and management said the food is prepared to order - but over one hour. The worst was that three tables that came after us were served well before us. I will not go back to this place. There are too many other better options. If you want good Mexican - OK. But be prepared for a wait.

Marion, North Carolina
“Superb 'Fresh-Mex'”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have been eating at Jalapeno's since we moved here in 2007. They were the best in town then, and still are. I have never been disappointed. We go a least a couple of times a month. The dishes are unique, with fresh ingredients beautifully prepared, both visually and gastronomically. The portion sizes are huge and prices are more than reasonable. As for the servers, I have never had them be rude--but the ladies have always been very shy and just seem not comfortable with English.

Marion, North Carolina, United States
“Inconsistent food and horrid servers.”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've had great food here once, so-so food once and awful food once. Apparently the food depends on if the owner is actually there.

The only consistent thing is the service. And that's not a good thing. Except for the owner's son they are ALWAYS scowling and rude. Off-putting is the best way to describe their attitude and demeanor.

Our last...and I mean LAST trip there we were embarrassed that we had taken friends for their first time eating in the county. The combo of the food being terrible and the service being near comedy level awful was simply dumbfounding.

• Visited January 2014