“good stuff - good staff”

Jalapeno Fresh Grill
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Nashville, Tennessee
“good stuff - good staff”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

4 went for lunch on 6/30. Good prompt service. Good food. Clean place. We ordered off the menu versus doing the buffet. The place was packed with the post church local crowd.

Binghamton, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Us three guys were in from out of town and wanted some good Mexican food for lunch while in the mountains of North Carolina. Who would think we would find a " Great Mexican Restaurant ". Well worth the visit. Awesome pork dishes and salsas. Waiter treats you like family. 5 ***** dinning in the hills, go figure.

1 Thank kpk3053
Forest City, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican I've Had Outside of Texas!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I absolutely love Jalapeno's Fresh Grill. In my opinion, its the best restaurant in McDowell County. Since I moved to Marion after living in Texas, my bar for good Mexican food is very high, and this restaurant far exceeds it. I love how fresh the food is, how creative, and how generous the portions, not to mention the value for your dollar. I personally recommend skipping the lunch buffet and ordering off of the menu. I have two favorites: the chimichanga (which is not wrapped burrito style, but in a unique "present" style) and the warm fajita salad. My husband loves the carnitas, and they always have an impressive additional menu of specials, all of which are more authentically southwestern in style. As other reviewers have stated, the ambiance is not what you'd find in bigger cities, but it is par for the course of what you'll find in most restaurants in Marion. It is very clean, and the staff is kind and attentive.

1 Thank LWHood
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awesome Food!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The waitress was the cashier as well, she was running all over the place, even at 2pm they still had loyal followers. We stopped in on our way to Linville, and I got the Chile Relleno with hard beef taco and my husband got the 3 taco special. It was all amazing, if ever up that way again, will definitely stop again!

• Visited May 2013
Burlington, North Carolina
“Excellent Mexican food”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is by far the best Mexican food my family has ever had. We enjoyed our meal last night so much ~ we went back for lunch today! The seasoning and spices were excellently executed. Everything was fresh and obviously authentic ~ nothing frozen or processed. My son, who does not like Mexican food, absolutely loved the shrimp tacos. We all had a tasting, and it was the best shrimp I've ever eaten. The décor may leave something to be desired, but the food more than makes up for the lack of ambiance. The portions are huge, and the prices are great. They have a rating of 99.0 to boot. My guys wanted to meet the chef because they were so impressed.

• Visited May 2013